• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Mike Taylor is a great auctioneer... if you are wanting to sell. He could sell a $1 for $5. You may find a bargain here and there, but in general, Mike gets top dollar for anything (espcially guns) he sells. I've been going to his auctions for a long time now and have learned if you want to sell, he is your man. If you want to buy.... maybe not so much so...

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    My experience of gun auctions is that everyone gets hyped up and bids the guns beyond the price you would pay retail - often way beyond. Last time I went to one, there were about 5 guns I was interested in and I set a mental "reasonable market price" for each one - about what they'd go for on gunbroker - and planned ahead of time not to bid any higher than that. Every one of those guns shot through my "reasonable market price" in about 2 seconds and wound up going for 2x or 4x more.

There was a lot of ammo and reloading stuff at the same auction. There were some deals to be had in this stuff.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I have been a gun auction groupie for 30+ years. At the presant, even the ammo is going for more than retail! I witnessed a women pay $22 for a small plasic tub of 225 rounds of Remington .22lr!! That's 10 cents/rd. My head almost exploaded!! One year ago I won the bid for 1000 rds of .223 LC in an ammo can for $120.00. Times have changed.... NO, the .223 is not for sale!

Top Bottom