• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I came across this on FB and thought is was worth sharing. I have no clue if Jeff Foxworthy actually said these things but they are still funny even if he didn't.

Jeff Foxworthy said(?) this about Indiana:

**If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Indiana.
    **If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you've worn shorts and a jacket at the same time, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Indiana.
    **If "vacation" means going anywhere south of Fort Wayne for the weekend, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you have switched from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you can drive 75 mph through two feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Indiana.
    **If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph, you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Indiana.
    **If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you know all four seasons are: Almost winter, Winter, Still winter and Road Construction, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Indiana.
    **If you find 10° "a little chilly", you may live in Indiana.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well....a number of those sounded like they may be written for another state...a cold, snowy state. But this one is oh-so-true!

*If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Indiana.

:laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty sure Foxworthy didn't say them....and hate to say that with only slight differences, they've been applied to numerous locales.

....and that one about driving 75 mph in 2 feet of snow? BS. I've lived in Indiana since 1995 and the drivers of this state know nothing about driving in snow compared to my native Michigan. Every year, it's like Indiana drivers are seeing the stuff for the first time.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Could have been Foxworthy ...but then, most all of them apply to Michigan.

Funny thing too ...you know the saying "If you don't like the weather around here, wait five minutes"? I've heard that pretty much everywhere I've ever been for any length of time. Every time I hear someone say that I have to laugh just a little. :D

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I agree with most of those and can relate to them as well. :D

Helping in stores... check!
    Coat with shorts... check!
    Driving fast in snow... check!
    Distance in hours... check!
    Conversation with wrong number... check!
    Carry jumpers... check!
    Smoother roads during winter... check!

Top Bottom