• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I am not attempting to **** on your leg anymore that you were trying to **** on mine.

I didn't even see that you posted in this thread until you responded to mine.

If you weren't talking smack, why get upset at me calling out people who were simply jumping on the bandwagon talking smack?

You need to stop personalizing this. It's like you have a guilty conscience and feel the need to be defensive. :dunno:

My problem with threads like this is they always end up focused on things immaterial to the training that Tactical Response provides. People who have taken Tactical Response classes almost universally report that the class had tremendous value and made them a better fighter. Yes, there are a few that didn't, but that's par for the course in the gun world and to be expected with tens of thousands of students.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If you weren't talking smack, why get upset at me calling out people who were simply jumping on the bandwagon talking smack?
    I have talked no smack against Mr Yeager or TR in this thread. I did talk a little smack with Sailor and the1kidd03, but that is to be expected. Even then though the smack was still not directed at Mr Yeager or TR. This thread is not about the training that TR provides in anyway shape or form. It is about a Video that Mr Yeager put out that Categorizes Students that do/have attended TR Courses. I have stayed out of the bits where people started throwing Vids and Guesses as to what happened over in Iraq. If you want I can jump in I have a pretty good knowledge of what Team Apollo was up to when he was in Country, I can start throwing suppositions out there as well.

You need to stop personalizing this. It's like you have a guilty conscience and feel the need to be defensive. :dunno:
    Hi Pot! I am Kettle...

How about you step back and read my posts up until yours that insulted pretty much everyone who had posted on here. ;)

I think I have done an exceptional job at staying Neutral in this thread.

Guilty Conscience, not me brother. I have never had that little voice that makes me regret choices I have made... :D
    My problem with threads like this is they always end up focused on things immaterial to the training that Tactical Response provides. People who have taken Tactical Response classes almost universally report that the class had tremendous value and made them a better fighter. Yes, there are a few that didn't, but that's par for the course in the gun world and to be expected with tens of thousands of students.
    This thread was not about TR's Training, it was about a Video that Mr Yeager felt like he needed to be make.

As far as TR's Classes, you and I know that there are Several Companies out there that will not hire TR Attendees to send to Active Hotspots. I think that speaks as many volumes as does the Students that said they have learned to be a fighter...

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    James is James, you either consider him a good instructor or you don't. If your unsure and would like to take the opportunity to find out for yourself we invite you to the Fort Wayne area for some training with Tactical Response at the end of summer. I believe James still has a money back guarantee if your unhappy with the level of training provided.
    Well, he must be a stand-up guy if he has a money back guarantee. Most business owners won't do that.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As far as TR's Classes, you and I know that there are Several Companies out there that will not hire TR Attendees to send to Active Hotspots. I think that speaks as many volumes as does the Students that said they have learned to be a fighter...

Are you saying that certain contracting companies won't hire former TR students? Really?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just watched the video. I have read most of the comments on the thread. From my chair I see what he is saying and why. There is a cockiness about him but no more than the martial arts instructors I have dealt with in my life. He is straight to the point about his beliefs. I know folks from everyone of his "Category's. I am not as hard on the collectors but think they should shoot and be proficient with what they own. If you want to put your gun in the case and carry it in the trunk that is OK with me.
    I saw a gear queer comment and see what that was about as well.
    We all fit into a broad area in his views. I am no total warrior but I have been trained, I am aware, I will kick you in the junk if I have need to win a fight, I will draw my weapon in defense of myself or others (and have) but do not consider myself a gun fighter. Still, I bet he has a good training class and would like to attend.
    As to the rest, I have no knowledge or opinion. I am only interested in new ideas and better ways to do things.

SolidSnake99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Lowell, IN
    One of my buddies posted a video of his last night talking about how "All guns should be Glocks.... All Glocks should be 9mm.... and all 9mm Glocks should be model 19's" After watching it I felt like I lost brain cells and became less informed due to him referring to 1911's as strippers and Glock 19's as Fat Chicks.... I was dumbfounded and couldn't believe someone would take him seriously after that video. Also I had a hard time paying attention to him because he was flailing his arms around trying to use them as speech tools.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of my buddies posted a video of his last night talking about how "All guns should be Glocks.... All Glocks should be 9mm.... and all 9mm Glocks should be model 19's" After watching it I felt like I lost brain cells and became less informed due to him referring to 1911's as strippers and Glock 19's as Fat Chicks.... I was dumbfounded and couldn't believe someone would take him seriously after that video. Also I had a hard time paying attention to him because he was flailing his arms around trying to use them as speech tools.

No fat chicks here, mostly strippers

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I took the Tactical Response Fighting Pistol and Advanced Fighting Pistol classes a few years ago in Seymour. Both were two day classes each and were incredible, intense and educational. We shot a gazillion rounds and the teaching was very professional and firm, without being rude or flippant. James has an incredibly strong personality, so what? He seemed to have a little bit of drill instructor mentality, like he wanted to get in your head but he also wanted to teach you and leave you a better gunFIGHTER after taking his class (Mindset, mindset, mindset!). I went there to learn, not find a date, and I learned a lot! He IS partial to Glock 19's (understatement of the year) and will give you his opinion on everything else. Again, so what? Shoot what you want, but pay attention to what works and doesn't work throughout the class. Safety was paramount and the first thing we did was develop a plan for an accident. On the very first morning, there was an elderly man that was not practicing very safe techniques (sweeping the line and not a very serious attitude towards training). James pulled him from the class and refunded his money right there. This sent a good signal, he took MY SAFETY and his class more seriously over just taking someones money. I came away from the class having learned A LOT, I have some good material to help refresh with from time to time and will not hesitate to take another course from his company.

Top Bottom