• ...and so much more!
  • scott46052

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2023
    Lebanon
    After decades of EDC how in the hell do people do IWB ,Ive tried seems like it always pokes in the belly when i sit down ,Im 6ft 190 lbs so it's not a fat thing ,Then there's it feels like it will blow my junk off if it accidently went off and yes it probably never will but i only got 1 junk ,do you face your junk one way and the pistol the other . What am i doing wrong ive tried 4 or 5 IWB holsters

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Easy. You are confusing IWB with the more specific appendix carry.

I carry IWB at 4:30. Nice and comfy, and if God forbid it does go off, I can spare some butt cheek. :rofl:

I tried Appendix. Cant stand it. Hard to sit. Hard to bend over at the waist. Just thank God I went to Crossbreed Seconds and am only out $30 for a surplus holster. Gave up after 2 hours or so.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I'm not an Appendix guy. IWB at that 3-4:00 goes well, and I prefer leather vs kydex.
    Go brand name rig, doesn't have to be 3 month wait custom made model.
    Of course, you get what you pay for.

Bianchi, Galco, DeSantis are my favs, but even a Craft or Tagua does work too. They wet mold your firearm to fit. I stay away from thumbsnap models if concealed. Just well fit does the job.

They should be a bit tight on new purchase, but loosen up in use. I have super strong clip ons, snap loops, and some go belt or IWB. I try different combos, and store the rest.

Get a weak hand rig too. I had a wrenched shoulder once, and swapped dominant sides to carry my Duty weapon.(Sig 226) IWB. Yeah it's different feel.

Last edited:

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    After decades of EDC how in the hell do people do IWB ,Ive tried seems like it always pokes in the belly when i sit down ,Im 6ft 190 lbs so it's not a fat thing ,Then there's it feels like it will blow my junk off if it accidently went off and yes it probably never will but i only got 1 junk ,do you face your junk one way and the pistol the other . What am i doing wrong ive tried 4 or 5 IWB holsters
    Are you using a holster designed specifically for AIWB? That makes a huge difference.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    When I carry, I WB, it’s at 9 o’clock (I am a South Paw). I can’t do apendix, it doesn’t work well when I lean over the table to make a pool shot.

Even then, I prefer to carry 0WB when playing pool.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Look up PHLster Holsters. Enigma or Enigma Express with one of their dedicated AIWB holsters (or one compatible with their chassis systems).

Get the pistol off your belt line and anyone can carry AIWB. That’s what the Enigma and Enigma Express do.

These PHLster holsters don’t come out of the box ready for everyday carry. You need to do your homework regarding initial buying options and customizing the fit.

The folks at PHLster liken fitting a holster to fitting a prosthetic device. A holstered firearm is a foreign object in intimate contact with the human body and the same careful consideration regarding fit must be made.

scott46052

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2023
    Lebanon
    Look up PHLster Holsters. Enigma or Enigma Express with one of their dedicated AIWB holsters (or one compatible with their chassis systems).

Get the pistol off your belt line and anyone can carry AIWB. That’s what the Enigma and Enigma Express do.

These PHLster holsters don’t come out of the box ready for everyday carry. You need to do your homework regarding initial buying options and customizing the fit.

The folks at PHLster liken fitting a holster to fitting a prosthetic device. A holstered firearm is a foreign object in intimate contact with the human body and the same careful consideration regarding fit must be made.

awesome i will check them out

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    AIWB is *very* holster/gun/belt/body dependent. I think the most equipment dependent sort of carry to get right comfortably and safely. Slightly behind the strong side hip IWB is dead nuts easy and can be accomplished with much less trial and error.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I do AIWB with both standard clip holsters as well as Enigmas. The Enigmas are by far the most adjustable and comfortable. I have no issues with comfort or movement unless I am trying to tie my right shoe and am carrying a compact or larger.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    AIWB is *very* holster/gun/belt/body dependent. I think the most equipment dependent sort of carry to get right comfortably and safely. Slightly behind the strong side hip IWB is dead nuts easy and can be accomplished with much less trial and error.
    This. I haven't carried IWB for a while because I haven't gotten another good IWB holster, but when I did it was 3-4 o'clock

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That's where i carry mine around the 4 o'clock position.
    I've tested, and yes it's slightly slower to draw, and fire on, and hit the target, but it's not enough I hope to make that much difference.
    People need to understand that they really need to do a lot of reps drawing from their carry position, and holster of choice.
    I've seen many I've taught change not only their holster choice, but the clothing they wear, and how they wear it after having them dress, and carry like they would normally then try to draw quickly and fire on and hit the target.
    Clothing slowing them down, junk holster style also causing problems.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For IWB, I prefer sliding it back on the strong side hip to where I find comfortable and using a hybrid (kydex shell with leather backer) holster, such as Galco King Tuk, or Crossbreed super or mini tuck if available for a given gun. Been carrying that way for years. Good belt, such as a Daltechforce Super Biobelt, is very helpful as well. Also, buy your belt a size bigger, and go with pants that can accomodate as well.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's where i carry mine around the 4 o'clock position.
    I've tested, and yes it's slightly slower to draw, and fire on, and hit the target, but it's not enough I hope to make that much difference.
    People need to understand that they really need to do a lot of reps drawing from their carry position, and holster of choice.
    I've seen many I've taught change not only their holster choice, but the clothing they wear, and how they wear it after having them dress, and carry like they would normally then try to draw quickly and fire on and hit the target.
    Clothing slowing them down, junk holster style also causing problems.

Marginally slower from most gamer start positions. Faster from the "I'm handing you my wallet, dude, chill" position.

The only reason I carry appendix, when I do are:
    1) Conceals better during more active pursuits, bending, leaning, reaching sort of things.
    2) Doesn't interfere with hip belt of backpack
    3) Easier to access if seat belted in with a suit jacket/sport coat on

Top Bottom