• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was new to carrying and have since sold it. At the time, i was using the SofTuck with a cheapo belt. It did fairly well but it move around a bit (sort of "tipping" back and forth) and i found myself constantly adjusting it.

Knowing what i know now about belts, im sure it wouldve done just fine with a sturdier belt. I still think it was good for an easy on/easy off "running to the store so let me just throw this on" kind of holster, but if it was for all day carry i would look for something with more retention and that stays in place better.

Good to know. I am thinking of getting a Shield and I have a good sturdy gun belt. I think it would work well for me. I am not worried about re-holstering, but I do want comfort and concealability.

I am going to shoot one first before I buy though. I want to compare the recoil to my brother's Sig 232 .380. If the recoil is about the same, I'll go for the Shield.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I like Crossbreed holsters. I use one for my G27 and it is invisible in it. If you have money to spare look at a custom leather maker. I personally like the holsters from Kramer. I have several made of horse hide. I was issued one years ago and it is still great. You can abuse a good holster like one from Kramer in the mud, rain, snow, and salt water without having your handgun fall out. Of course they do cost a few bucks. Look for a Galco or DeSantis holster. EBay is a good place to pick a holster cheap. Any who has owned a few handguns has 3x or 4X holsters per gun. You are always looking a better fit. Ebay lets you dump a mistake. No matter what my original recommendation for Crossbreed or a IWB Kramer remains.

Top Bottom