• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm leaning towards the Crossbreed Kingtuck, as it's in stock at Amazon and I have $75 worth of GC's I can use. Anyone recommend a nice gun belt to go with it? Preferably available on Amazon?

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, just that quickly I changed my mind...lol. I can always use the Amazon GC's and I liked the price and reviews I read of the Alien Gear, so I just ordered one. Still need a good gun belt though...

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have carried my Glock in a CrossBreed Supertuck for years and find it the most comfortable and functional holster that I have ever used. I also use it for IDPA competitions.

Rockhopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Boonville
    I started with a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 30SF.

I then got a MIC holster, with the intention of using it as a holster for car console. I'm now using the MIC in the waistband on a regular basis. Very happy with it.

irishhp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    At one point in time I might have recommended Brommeland ... but no longer ... I've been waiting for a new MaxConV since April! Every time I call (twice in the last 60 days) I'm told one thing or another. This is too bad because he makes a wicked good IWB holster, but waiting for the better part of a year is kinda silly.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've tried a couple - and got rid of all of them except the crossbreed and blade-tech. the tiny/minimalist blade-tech is what I usually use - it isn't as comfortable but it is just so easy to put on/off.

Going to have to check out the comp-tac though.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cool. Be interested to hear your thoughts when you get it. Esrice did a nice review on them here on the forum.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I bought the double stitched Bull belt. I wear it daily but don't carry yet. But I think it will carry most anything just fine, especially IWB. It is comfortable, thick, but still threads through both my jeans and dress pants.

I figured I will start with the belt, then the gun, then the holster...:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought the double stitched Bull belt. I wear it daily but don't carry yet. But I think it will carry most anything just fine, especially IWB. It is comfortable, thick, but still threads through both my jeans and dress pants.

I figured I will start with the belt, then the gun, then the holster...:)

Yep, I wear my Biobelt to work daily and also use it to carry IWB. Great belt. Makes a huge difference.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Comp-TAC MTAC.

Really like my MTAC but also have several of the Aliengear. For the money the Aliengear is a good option.

^^^THIS

^^^Also THIS

Should i mention that my vote is the MTAC? :):

Seriously though, you cant go wrong with any (maybe some exceptions) hybrid style IWB holster WITH a good belt...my holster/belt combo makes my G22 disappear.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the BEST leather/Kydex hybrid IWB holster on the market...

the CompTac MTAC!
    biggrin.gif

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I like the all leather holsters for iwb carry. Anything with kydex just rubs me raw when I sit down. Even the owb kydex holsters I have allow the rear sight area to tear me up sitting.

mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    My EDC is a N82 tactical professional IWB with my G19. This holster is so comfortable that by the end of the day I hardly even know its there, and I am a big guy so that hard to do with an IWB holster.
    Here is the link to there website.

index

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    There seem to be so many choices, I'm not sure what to get. I picked up a nice Blackhawk Serpa for OC, but I'm still looking for what I want to use when I CC. Anyone care to share their opinion and inform a n00b? :)
    I carried a Gen 3 Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck with horsehide as the leather and it was very comfy. Click the picture to enlarge.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, as I said earlier, I did end up ordering an Alien Gear. I'm waiting on it to be delivered and I'm really hoping it'll do the job. In the meantime, I picked up a Glock 26 this weekend which had a Desantis IWB along with the deal and I've worn it a couple of times. It's not bad, though I'm interested to see how the Alien Gear compares. The Desantis is a SOF tuck. Decently comfortable at 4 o'clock, even better at 2-2:30. One thing I liked is that it fit both my Glock 26 and my Glock 19. The only thing I didn't like was the opening is soft due to it being leather and down by the trigger guard the material tends to collapse and get in the way when I try to holster the gun while wearing it. Takes two hands to do it right, which I'm not too thrilled with.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Well, as I said earlier, I did end up ordering an Alien Gear. I'm waiting on it to be delivered and I'm really hoping it'll do the job. In the meantime, I picked up a Glock 26 this weekend which had a Desantis IWB along with the deal and I've worn it a couple of times. It's not bad, though I'm interested to see how the Alien Gear compares. The Desantis is a SOF tuck. Decently comfortable at 4 o'clock, even better at 2-2:30. One thing I liked is that it fit both my Glock 26 and my Glock 19. The only thing I didn't like was the opening is soft due to it being leather and down by the trigger guard the material tends to collapse and get in the way when I try to holster the gun while wearing it. Takes two hands to do it right, which I'm not too thrilled with.

FWIW, i used a DeSantis SofTuck for a Shield that i had. I had the same thoughts as you...comfortable but not to great, 2 handed re-holstering was a big minus, etc...with a good belt/MTAC, i find carrying my G22 is just as comfortable as the cheap belt/SofTuck were with the Shield.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    FWIW, i used a DeSantis SofTuck for a Shield that i had. I had the same thoughts as you...comfortable but not to great, 2 handed re-holstering was a big minus, etc...with a good belt/MTAC, i find carrying my G22 is just as comfortable as the cheap belt/SofTuck were with the Shield.

Other than the re-holstering issue, do you like the SofTuck for the Shield?

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Other than the re-holstering issue, do you like the SofTuck for the Shield?

I was new to carrying and have since sold it. At the time, i was using the SofTuck with a cheapo belt. It did fairly well but it move around a bit (sort of "tipping" back and forth) and i found myself constantly adjusting it.

Knowing what i know now about belts, im sure it wouldve done just fine with a sturdier belt. I still think it was good for an easy on/easy off "running to the store so let me just throw this on" kind of holster, but if it was for all day carry i would look for something with more retention and that stays in place better.

Top Bottom