I've noticed a trend....... Seems like INGOers are dumping their braced pistols.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have noticed lately what seems to be a lot of braced AR pistols as well as HK style pistols (MP 5 variants) and AK pistols for sale or trade.
    Is this in response to the ATF ruling or up coming ruling on braced pistols?

Basically trying to make everyone register them as SBR's.
    Do these sellers want to get rid of them, so they aren't left "holding the bag"?

There are more than these for sale, I didn't want to copy and paste all of them, but you get the idea.
    I hope I am not breaking a rule for putting links to the ads in the forum, FWIW I don't know any of the sellers, nor am I trying to give their ads any additional exposure.

Just curious if I am seeing this correctly?
    INGOers not wanting to become felons, so dumping their guns before they become near impossible to sell or worthless?

What is YOUR take on this INGO??

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I have noticed lately what seems to be a lot of braced AR pistols as well as HK style pistols (MP 5 variants) and AK pistols for sale or trade.
    Is this in response to the ATF ruling or up coming ruling on braced pistols?

Basically trying to make everyone register them as SBR's.
    Do these sellers want to get rid of them, so they aren't left "holding the bag"?

There are more than these for sale, I didn't want to copy and paste all of them, but you get the idea.
    I hope I am not breaking a rule for putting links to the ads in the forum, FWIW I don't know any of the sellers, nor am I trying to give their ads any additional exposure.

Just curious if I am seeing this correctly?
    INGOers not wanting to become felons, so dumping their guns before they become near impossible to sell or worthless?

What is YOUR take on this INGO??
    Absolutely have noticed the same thing over the past two weeks. Certainly looks like folks are trying to bail out well they still can.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Mine is the Daniel Defense and my reason isn’t because of bailing out or fear because it’s not the only one I have.
    Understood.
    No doubt it's a nice weapon, your ad did catch my eye because of it being a DD.

There are a few reasons I never bought one.
    The main reason, I always felt they were kind of useless. As in the barrel is too short (talking 5.56) to be effective.
    I know this may open up a lot of discussion that has probably been discussed before on barrel length out of a 5.56 weapon.

Years ago before they were ever popular I had a Bushmaster brand AR pistol in 5.56 with a 7 in. barrel.
    I noticed at the range people hated me when I fired it. It was obnoxiously loud, and not very accurate.
    And this is an outdoor range that I belong to.

This is back when people would put a cane tip on the buffer tube.
    Braces had not been invented yet, and AR pistols were not popular either.

The one I had, Bushmaster had bought the rights from Professional Ordnance.
    Polymer Upper and Lower, stainless fluted barrel, I put a reflex sight on it. It looked like something out of a SciFi movie.

I finally sold it on Armslist, this may have been prior to me joining INGO.
    In fact I don't think INGO was around when I sold that one.

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Understood.
    No doubt it's a nice weapon, your ad did catch my eye because of it being a DD.

There are a few reasons I never bought one.
    The main reason, I always felt they were kind of useless. As in the barrel is too short (talking 5.56) to be effective.
    I know this may open up a lot of discussion that has probably been discussed before on barrel length out of a 5.56 weapon.

Years ago before they were ever popular I had a Bushmaster brand AR pistol in 5.56 with a 7 in. barrel.
    I noticed at the range people hated me when I fired it. It was obnoxiously loud, and not very accurate.
    And this is an outdoor range that I belong to.

This is back when people would put a cane tip on the buffer tube.
    Braces had not been invented yet, and AR pistols were not popular either.

The one I had, Bushmaster had bought the rights from Professional Ordnance.
    Polymer Upper and Lower, stainless fluted barrel, I put a reflex sight on it. It looked like something out of a SciFi movie.

I finally sold it on Armslist, this may have been prior to me joining INGO.
    In fact I don't think INGO was around when I sold that one.
    Partly agree, partly disagree. Yes, a 7.5” 5.56 is “pointless” but 10.5-12.5” can be very effective, especially a 12.5” (12.5” velocity isn’t a big loss to a 14.5”). Under 10.5” is nearly completely useless though in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You may be right. A lot of them may not be aware that all they have to do is remove the brace and it no longer is subject to ATF scrutiny. It's simply an AR pistol and completely legal to hold any way you choose.
    I imagine some will just put a buttstock on and a 16"+ barrel and call it a rifle.

Last edited:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    This is what I'm considering if all this BS goes through. One question I do have is if you follow the new "rule" and register as an SBR for free can you then put on a regular stock since it is now an SBR ?
    Good video from Washington Gun Law on YouTube on this very question. I agree with him. Short answer is no.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You may be right. A lot of them may not be aware that all they have to do is remove the brace and it no longer is subject to ATF scrutiny. It's simply an AR pistol and completely legal to hold any way you choose.
    Exactly. As long as the overall length and weight and length of pull meets the parameters then they should be ok. Just use a padded buffer tube as a third point of contact cheek weld. In that configuration there is no way it can be used to shoulder it.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    I've got a braced pistol listed for sale/trade, but it's just because I'm looking for something new. All of my AR's are braced pistols with the exception of my AR10. I'm not going to give up my braced pistols for any of the nonsense the AFT is doing.

Top Bottom