• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    most likely will be kicked out.
    This is a gross exaggeration and is one of the reasons I was terrified when I was found on campus with a firearm. If you talk like an educated adult and explain your reasoning, you get treated like an adult. He will most likely get off with no consequences.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    More importantly remember that while he was not violating the law he was violating the school rules and most likely will be kicked out.

Depending on his specific situation that could be anything from a minor inconvenience (transfer credits to a new school without losing too many) to major catastrophe (losing the scholarship allowing him to attend school or being close to graduation where many of the degree credits won't transfer requiring him to retake classes at another school).

That is why we need to encourage our state officials to force the campuses to change their policy.

Until then, it would be smart to follow the rules in the first place. But, in the end, it's the risk you want to take vs being protected.

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    KW730. I hope you are right and I am wrong. Maybe South Bend has not succumbed to the same extent many of our other campuses have. I know of at least 2 people (admittedly not at Indiana Schools) who have been forced out of school after being caught with otherwise legally possessed and carried weapons. I wish this student the best and hope this example reminds people to keep their minds focused.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    I m not sure searching an abandoned back pack is a very good idea now a days I would think that should have been done by law enforcement

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    KW730. I hope you are right and I am wrong. Maybe South Bend has not succumbed to the same extent many of our other campuses have. I know of at least 2 people (admittedly not at Indiana Schools) who have been forced out of school after being caught with otherwise legally possessed and carried weapons. I wish this student the best and hope this example reminds people to keep their minds focused.

I failed to take into account that this happened in South Bend. It certainly is a possibility, no doubt. But I guess I like to have faith that people would be understanding, I was completely shocked when I was let go with nothing more than a warning.

Top Bottom