• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. Many an organized crime family "hit squad" members here in the US would utilize a .22, or especially suppressed 22's., Thomas Principe, aka, ".22 Caliber Killer", being just one example. Love historical information especially relating to firearms, uses, and those who use them--kind of reads. Thanks again for sharing!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The 22 has enough power to enter, but not leave, it bounces around like a pinball in a pinball machine!

when someone asks me about what caliber is best for self defense, I always say “ask a criminal what caliber they want to be shot with…do you know what the smart one says???…none of them!”

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I'm lucky to own one. I didn't know anything about the prior history on these when I bought it but quickly found out about it being the pistol used by the Mossad. Been awhile since I've shot mine but its not going anywhere soon. I could use another mag for it but its one of those needle in a haystack thing.....and pricey as well.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm lucky to own one. I didn't know anything about the prior history on these when I bought it but quickly found out about it being the pistol used by the Mossad. Been awhile since I've shot mine but its not going anywhere soon. I could use another mag for it but its one of those needle in a haystack thing.....and pricey as well.
    The 71's I've seen in very good condition run between $850-1300. They must be very rare.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've read about these before & twice nearly bought one.
    It either didn't have the right profile or storyline I look for, so I passed.

I would have shot it at the range for enjoyment along with other range toys, & I just couldn't buy a gun someone bought & put in the safe w/o putting some rounds through it.
    I've done that before with new guns but not one with some age.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All the model 70's on GB right now are either .380 or .32 acp, but I did just come across this and it really looks interesting. Model 101...

1626554941533.png

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The 71's I've seen in very good condition run between $850-1300. They must be very rare.
    There was a large batch of Model 71s with 1/2x20 threaded barrels (and a fake suppressor welded on) imported a few years back. You could get them for a low as $250, I think.

Supposedly, they came from a batch of guns made by Beretta with threaded barrels specifically for the Israelis (take that with a huge grain of salt).

Anyway, plenty of gunsmiths removed the fake can and put a 1/2x28 thread adapter on them and viola, a very slick suppressor host. I love mine and everyone who has shot it (including my very gun-disinterested wife) love it too.

AM-JKLVo62frIaRxFgHjB6ziywoIZLGeRp00KlIUyQrgg3ljt43KW8cV38NrMbHTFkX-sSFiN58jQ7oxE-bnuoZtc5jbaA-wF33fw7ATLylfZ0ENNmQABZ5rvM0qO1NMEz5Sd7kOFRvuL0xPEupDTT7j9aY36Q=w1288-h640-no

Here's what they looked like when they originally were imported:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There was a large batch of Model 71s with 1/2x20 threaded barrels (and a fake suppressor welded on) imported a few years back. You could get them for a low as $250, I think.

Supposedly, they came from a batch of guns made by Beretta with threaded barrels specifically for the Israelis (take that with a huge grain of salt).

Anyway, plenty of gunsmiths removed the fake can and put a 1/2x28 thread adapter on them and viola, a very slick suppressor host. I love mine and everyone who has shot it (including my very gun-disinterested wife) love it too.

AM-JKLVo62frIaRxFgHjB6ziywoIZLGeRp00KlIUyQrgg3ljt43KW8cV38NrMbHTFkX-sSFiN58jQ7oxE-bnuoZtc5jbaA-wF33fw7ATLylfZ0ENNmQABZ5rvM0qO1NMEz5Sd7kOFRvuL0xPEupDTT7j9aY36Q=w1288-h640-no

I'm jealous but very glad for you!. :ingo:
    Twice I've wanted to buy one & they were around $400 or $450, and this was about 2 yrs ago before prices boomed.
    Good to see someone take a chance on a $250 gun that is a sweet shooter. :thumbsup:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle

I happened to be working in a local gunship at the time, and we got maybe a dozen of these to sell. So naturally I looked through them and kept the nicest one for myself :D

The fake welded on suppressor came off easily with a bit of careful examination to find the welded over set screw, and then carefully grinding away at it until it's hex head socket was exposed.

It's a great little shooter, especially for my sons to learn on. I really need to get a 22 suppressor for it, and some extra mags.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The heavy steel fake suppressors were "permanently" attached so that they would be big and heavy enough to be legally imported. It was probably just the cheapest solution to import the guns that already existed.

Top Bottom