• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To the 9th circuit! Orange man bad!

If he's allowed to decide who can be a US citizen, he'll use that power to implement the Fourth Reich

In before the usual suspects

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty straightforward. Her father was a foreign diplomat, thus she is not a natural-born citizen.

Why can't she go back to Yemen, I wonder?

Oh, well if she was never American, that does settle it. She doesn't get to come back. I'm totally ok with that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty straightforward. Her father was a foreign diplomat, thus she is not a natural-born citizen.

Why can't she go back to Yemen, I wonder?

IF he was here in his official capacity as a diplomat, it is true. That "IF" is the issue. If he had been a diplomat, but no longer was when she was born, though....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    IF he was here in his official capacity as a diplomat, it is true. That "IF" is the issue. If he had been a diplomat, but no longer was when she was born, though....

It's what her attorney says.

That her father was no longer a diplomat when she was born in the US.

https://www.al.com/news/2019/02/hod...izen-says-secretary-of-state-mike-pompeo.html

The Secretary of State says she's not a US citizen.

[FONT=&amp]Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says Hoda Muthana, the young woman who is[/FONT] trying to come home[FONT=&amp] after she fled Alabama for ISIS, is not a U.S. Citizen, according to a report from [/FONT]ABC News.[FONT=&amp]Pompeo said Muthana has no “legal basis” to claim American citizenship, the AP reported.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“Ms. Hoda Muthana is not a U.S. citizen and will not be admitted into the United States,” Pompeo said. “She does not have any legal basis, no valid U.S. passport, no right to a passport nor any visa to travel to the United States.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]An attorney for the woman's family, Hassan Shibly, said the administration's position is based on a "complicated" interpretation of the law involving her father.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“The Trump administration continues its attempts to wrongfully strip citizens of their citizenship,” Shibly told AL.com. “Hoda Muthana had a valid US passport and is a citizen. She was born in Hackensack, NJ in October 1994, months after her father stopped being a diplomat.”[/FONT]

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I was in the let her stay over there camp when her citizenship was in doubt. Teens struggling with teenage emotions about wanting to join terrorist groups in the 21st Century are no comparison to the teenage struggles we faced in the 20th Century about whether to engage in toilet papering a house versus staying in the car to await ridicule from the rest of the group.

BUT NOW THAT WE KNOW SHE'S NOT A CITIZEN, what an ungrateful, self-absorbed, entitled, shallow, vacuous and vapid moron. She was the elitist that didn't have to be raised in her own sh*thole country and she got to live high off the hog (I said it) in this sweet and blessed land.

She was the neighborhood kid that didn't like eating at home so she tried to eat at the neighbors every night, then her Mom made her favorite meal so she ate at home and then thought once the leftovers were gone she could go back to being a freeloader.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, so I skipped all posts up to the last few.

It is not clear at all whether she is a US citizen. Or rather, it will take a stretch of a technical legal argument to say that she isn't. Her dad was no longer a diplomat when she was born here. She had a US passport, apparently as a citizen. To the US gov't, she was a citizen.

If she renounced that, then that's on her.

Otherwise, let's bring her back, have a treason trial, and if convicted, THEN take her citizenship. Totally make a point of her decisions.

We offer amazing freedoms and liberties to our citizens. Truly unique in the world. But, if you betray us, don't expect much mercy.

I'm not sure why we WOULDN'T want her to be tried. If she didn't commit treason, then we shouldn't be so quick to deny her citizenship.

Well, except that the prior administration legitimated the murder of US citizens without due process, so denying citizenship isn't that big of a deal for the current one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not sure either - I know she wants to come back and be prosecuted...

...but denying entry would be the quick way to solve this.

Does prosecuting her serve a public interest? Is she correct in her assertion that it could help prevent this sort of thing happening in the future?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not sure either - I know she wants to come back and be prosecuted...

...but denying entry would be the quick way to solve this.

Does prosecuting her serve a public interest? Is she correct in her assertion that it could help prevent this sort of thing happening in the future?

Laws against murder don't seem to prevent murders.

But, in a land that (allegedly) cherishes the rule of law, we should employ such rule of law to deny her citizenship if she's a traitor.

If she's not a traitor, then she should be punished for any non-traitorous violations of the law that she committed, if any.

Having babies from different fathers who do bad things isn't illegal, from what I can tell.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

But, in a land that (allegedly) cherishes the rule of law, we should employ such rule of law to deny her citizenship if she's a traitor.

If she's not a traitor, then she should be punished for any non-traitorous violations of the law that she committed, if any.

Having babies from different fathers who do bad things isn't illegal, from what I can tell.

Abandoning your home country, marrying 3 different ISIS members, and repeatedly calling for the death of Americans on social media is about as prima facie as it gets for adhering to enemies and giving them aid and comfort.

I'm pretty good with the administration's stance on this. And the best part is, anything Trump does that is south of a drone strike should be just fine with most people.

Thanks, Obama. :)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Her assertion is she wants to tell a story (from an American prison) and explain how going ISIS is bad... mkay.

I'm not convinced it will work.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Abandoning your home country, marrying 3 different ISIS members, and repeatedly calling for the death of Americans on social media is about as prima facie as it gets for adhering to enemies and giving them aid and comfort.

I'm pretty good with the administration's stance on this. And the best part is, anything Trump does that is south of a drone strike should be just fine with most people.

Thanks, Obama. :)

haha

Indeed.

As for your first paragraph, to me, all of that supports not "letting her back in" but "extraditing her to the US in handcuffs for prosecution."

Using some legal deceit that she's not a citizen is lazy. Let's make the legal proceeding about her treasonous actions, not doubling up and having one lawsuit about whether she's a citizen, then doing the prosecution. Only the lawyers win in that scenario.

Wait.

Maybe you've convinced me. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe she's using reverse psychology?

"Let me in and prosecute me!"
    "Well, that was our plan, but since you want that, we've changed our minds and will just let you go about your life - but not in America."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I guess the dad left the diplomatic corps so he could emigrate to the US. Since then, he's become a naturalized citizen.

My understanding is that if both parents naturalized before she turned 16, she either became a citizen at that time or just has to take an oath or something to become a citizen.

That's assuming the actual US birth thing didn't happen. Which all the available documents suggest did happen.

Basically, she's got 2 arguments, along with written documentation, to say she's a citizen. Trump's state department has only issued conclusory statements.

Still not sure why we're hung up on not letting her in. Back in the old days, we might extraordinarily rendition her to someplace at least.

Kinda seems like we're getting more snowflakish as time goes by.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Still not sure why we're hung up on not letting her in. Back in the old days, we might extraordinarily rendition her to someplace at least.

Kinda seems like we're getting more snowflakish as time goes by.

Agreed.

I have had one client (and one is more than most people who do what I will ever have) that was extradited and brought back to the U.S. to face criminal charges. Seems like if we think she's a criminal, not only would we let her back in, we would make sure she was brought back.

Anyhoo, if she's a citizen (based upon the info I have seen thus far, I'm leaning towards "yes"), let her back in and take it from there.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    We're making this too complicated.

This girl lived in America, got radicalized and thought her calling in life was to make ISIS babies. She went Syria and was the camp lay for one week. It was fun; she got attention because she was the new girl. Then once the next new girl comes in, she goes from quickies to sex slavery. A kid or two along the way, a couple beheadings and the rest of her days as indentured servitude and now she wants to come home.

Calling for death to Americans, fantasizing about running box trucks into Memorial Day parades and becoming a propaganda tool for ISIS - and now "showing remorse," because being an ISIS sex slave sucks, through an attorney that happens to be the executive director of CAIR in Florida...

No, thanks. She thought the grass was greener. The grass was not greener. This threat is existential. Al Qaeda's wet dream as to get Muslims from the West in their ranks only to have them blend back in amongst us. She may not be a Trojan Horse, but the next one will and a precedent need not be set, based on sympathy.

Top Bottom