• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What sympathy?

I have no sympathy for her.

Seeking legitimate enforcement of our laws is not sympathy. Not IMHO.

But, I guess the sympathy angle could work out, too. "We think she's been through enough already. If she comes back, we'll just humiliate her and either send her to prison or to Yemen. Or both. Out of sympathy, we don't want her to go through that. So, here's some extraordinary rendition to the Bulgarian embassy in Qatar. Enjoy."

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Ok fact checkers let’s see if I have this right!

1. Left the US at age 19

2. Married 3 ISIS fighters

3. Had a child with fighters

4. Repeatedly posted calling for the death of Americans and bragged about burning her passport ect.

5. Gave a 2015 interview with “Buzzfeed” in which she stated “ I am not going back this is the right place for me to live”

6. Stayed in the caliphate until the bitter end

Am I missing anything?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    4. Repeatedly posted calling for the death of Americans and bragged about burning her passport ect.

I didn't know that she burned her passport. Seems like a de facto renunciation of US citizenship to me, especially when combined with her other treasonous acts.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn't know that she burned her passport. Seems like a de facto renunciation of US citizenship to me, especially when combined with her other treasonous acts.

There is such a thing that could be called defacto​ renunciation, but from what I understand, burning the passport isn't it. I do not know whether her statements and actions would amount to renunciation, it's possible, but just saying "I renounce"...isn't enough.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So she's hanging by her fingertips from the precipice. While I agree we shouldn't step on her fingers, I don't see any need to help her up either

She says 'death to America', America says 'death to Hoda'

C'est la Guerre

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What sympathy?

But, I guess the sympathy angle could work out, too. "We think she's been through enough already. If she comes back, we'll just humiliate her and either send her to prison or to Yemen. Or both. Out of sympathy, we don't want her to go through that. So, here's some extraordinary rendition to the Bulgarian embassy in Qatar. Enjoy."

monadnock_gallon_water.jpg
    c13692b4dd3bb1f472f05fc83d9b2d81.jpeg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There is such a thing that could be called defacto​ renunciation, but from what I understand, burning the passport isn't it. I do not know whether her statements and actions would amount to renunciation, it's possible, but just saying "I renounce"...isn't enough.

Yep, burning the passport does nothing to change someone's citizenship.She could just order another one.

Also having a US passport doesn't mean she was a US citizen.Non-citizens have them as well.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

What if she clicks her heels and says it 3 times? :):

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I can understand the idea of giving her a trial for treason, and would agree that is actually the proper procedure. However, I no longer have enough faith in the impartiality of our judicial system to actually believe she would even be charged with anything, let alone found guilty. Better to just leave her where she is at.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What if she clicks her heels and says it 3 times? :):

If there was a statute of State Dept. policy that said that burning your passport while reciting "death to America" and clicking your heals together 3 times equaled renunciation, sure...

...but there actually are standard for these things.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If there was a statute of State Dept. policy that said that burning your passport while reciting "death to America" and clicking your heals together 3 times equaled renunciation, sure...

So...what are the standards for renunciation of citizenship? Fairly sure it has nothing to do with heals. :)

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    What sympathy?

I don't mean your personal sympathy, or the sympathy of any individual.

Her attorney is Hassan Shilby. He is the Executive Director of CAIR in Florida. I find CAIR to be an unsavory bunch and sympathetic towards extremism as a measure of softening the West to the dangers of radical Islam.

I find him to be combative, an Islamist apologist and a critic of American exceptionalism. In an interview I caught today, he was playing the sympathy card, trying to pull on heart strings and singing the praises of America and the West.

It wasn't genuine. It's all a rouse. We're two decades post September 11, 2001, the cats out of the bag. There are no surprises with radical Islam. It wasn't an accident, this was not a teenage lapse in judgement....and that was his angle.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So...what are the standards for renunciation of citizenship? Fairly sure it has nothing to do with heals. :)

I'm guessing Hough has an iPhone; and if you don't watch it like a hawk, it will alter your texts to what it thinks you mean to say

Ask me how I know

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I'm guessing Hough has an iPhone; and if you don't watch it like a hawk, it will alter your texts to what it thinks you mean to say

Ask me how I know

Well, his iPhone "corrected" my de facto (which is actually correct) to "defacto," so I thought I'd return the favor. :)

Top Bottom