Is this the new United States of America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    While the alleged treatment is abhorrent, I'd say the same about this dude as I would about someone like George Floyd or Michael Brown to a BLM fan; choose your martyrs carefully.

His past record, which is easily googleable, would indicate he ain't the kind of guy you'd want your daughter bringing home.

• In 2006, Samsel allegedly attempted to pull a woman off the road because she owed him $60, and then allegedly punched her windshield and threatened to kill her.
    • In 2007, Samsel allegedly got into a man’s car and assaulted him in the face, leaving him toothless and bloodied, police said.
    • In 2009, Samsel was convicted on simple assault, after he choked, beat, pushed, and chipped the teeth of a woman he kept against her will for five hours.
    • In 2011, Samsel was convicted of simple assault, reckless endangerment and more after smashing a hot pizza in his pregnant girlfriend’s face, beating her, pouring beer over her head, and then throwing her into a canal. He then attempted to drown her, police said.
    • In 2015, Samsel was convicted of simple assault for choking a woman into unconsciousness and hit her so hard he gave her a hematoma, police said.
    • In 2019, a woman accused Samsel of choking her until unconscious, then breaking into her home and assaulting her, and then raping her, police said.

I'm not saying that would justify this kind of treatment, just that I'd take anything he claims with a few grains of salt, based on previous displays of poor character.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While the alleged treatment is abhorrent, I'd say the same about this dude as I would about someone like George Floyd or Michael Brown to a BLM fan; choose your martyrs carefully.

His past record, which is easily googleable, would indicate he ain't the kind of guy you'd want your daughter bringing home.

I'm not saying that would justify this kind of treatment, just that I'd take anything he claims with a few grains of salt, based on previous displays of poor character.
    Why was he not in jail already?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He looks pretty healthy for being tortured and abused for 5 months.
    do we have exif info on the original photo to show when it was taken?

Not saying its true, just we have no context of how long he was in when it was taken. Its possible the photo isnt new and is just now coming to light.

I'm not making the call either way whether its legit. Just saying that would explain it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also, any of them STILL being in jail is outrageous. Given the only person killed that day was a protestor, and we arent talking about murderers, there really isnt a good reason for any of those protesters to still be in jail. People accused of worse are out with an ankle monitor. Keeping them this long is nothing more than making examples out of them. "this is what we do to those that oppose the political machine."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Also, any of them STILL being in jail is outrageous. Given the only person killed that day was a protestor, and we arent talking about murderers, there really isnt a good reason for any of those protesters to still be in jail. People accused of worse are out with an ankle monitor. Keeping them this long is nothing more than making examples out of them. "this is what we do to those that oppose the political machine."
    Completely agree. While this particular claim may or may not be true, the big picture is that the J6 detainees have been subject to detention without trial and a shell game of being moved and hidden in the prison system that is far in excess of what even the most violent and deranged criminals recieve.

For what are, overwhelmingly, minor and nonviolent crimes. This is a clear campaign to terrorize conservatives out of ever demonstrating in DC again.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Completely agree. While this particular claim may or may not be true, the big picture is that the J6 detainees have been subject to detention without trial and a shell game of being moved and hidden in the prison system that is far in excess of what even the most violent and deranged criminals recieve.

For what are, overwhelmingly, minor and nonviolent crimes. This is a clear campaign to terrorize conservatives out of ever demonstrating in DC again.
    The powers that be aren't threatened by violent and deranged people.
    They're threatened by We the People not divided.
    This is the evidence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Moving forward, discerning the truth about anything is going to get complicated.

Something makes my blood boil, but is it his imprisonment or the gateway pundit lying?
    or the Gateway Pundit laying all discernment aside and being willing to believe what they are told because: a) they are predisposed to believe it, or b) it gets clicks. There's plenty of that going around.

Mop bucket. Mop sink.....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    or the Gateway Pundit laying all discernment aside and being willing to believe what they are told because: a) they are predisposed to believe it, or b) it gets clicks. There's plenty of that going around.

Meh. I'd classify any of that behavior as just 'lying'. But then I'm not a professional that knows all the terminology and nuances thereof.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I know is that Mr. Samsel has a lawyer in his case, and while there has been some discussion in that case about him getting medical referrals to physicians outside the BOP, there are no filings about inhumane conditions, or any conditions of confinement other than the aforementioned medical care. Also, a trial was set for April 2023, but all counsel including Mr. Samsel's signed onto a continuance.

...and he is currently at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, not in Philadelphia.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Probably it gets clicks.

Top Bottom