• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    YMMV, but years ago I was in Colorado Springs, and saw a rifle I liked, so I said to the dealer, that I would love to buy it but couldn't, as I was from out of state, he said "Indiana has agreement with some states, that allow out of state rifle purchases, this was around 2010, so a lot has/could have changed

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    One thing I heard while working in a gun shop (INAL!!! And do your research first) was people shipping guns to themselves (ie send it to the hotel your staying at, attention “you” and hold for guest arriving September 10 2023) and stop by ups/fedex/usps and ship it back to your home address before you fly home.

But once again inal and do your own research before doing this!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    One thing I heard while working in a gun shop (INAL!!! And do your research first) was people shipping guns to themselves (ie send it to the hotel your staying at, attention “you” and hold for guest arriving September 10 2023) and stop by ups/fedex/usps and ship it back to your home address before you fly home.

But once again inal and do your own research before doing this!
    On its face, that seems like it could work. But you probably have to disclose the firearm to your shipper and deal with their rules. If you are going to have to deal with rule/etc it seems that taking it with you on the plane, with appropriate airline/TSA compliance would be just as easy and fewer unknown points of failure.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    On its face, that seems like it could work. But you probably have to disclose the firearm to your shipper and deal with their rules. If you are going to have to deal with rule/etc it seems that taking it with you on the plane, with appropriate airline/TSA compliance would be just as easy and fewer unknown points of failure.
    Ok so, personally I’d drive (see the USA in your Chevrolet!) rather than deal with airlines, but if I were shipping it, it would be some priority service (overnight) rather than some ground service.

What I was told by ups, their drivers are bonded, insured, and reputable, and drivers put air packages in one spot on the truck, when they get to the service center, the driver unloads them into a special area, then the others unload “ground packages” same with fedex purple truck drivers (less hands, less chances of theft)

Ups Ground employees, FedEx green trucks and airline baggage handlers are anyone that applies, ex con, meth head, any thief that will take the job! (Remember FedEx ground is contract labor, people bid on routes and are not technically fedex employees!)

As for declaring my “spotting scope” to ups or FedEx…do I have to tell them it’s mounted to a .308 “monopod?”

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Check the dimensions of your rifle case! Last time I flew, my assembled bolt rifle case was an extra $100 fare. I bought a smaller case, put the stock in my luggage and scope in my carry-on and only the barrelled action and ammo was in the gun case. When I checked in, they wanted to see it. After they ok'd it, I locked it with non TSA locks & zip tied it everywhere. Cut the ends flush and tossed the side cuts in my checked luggage.

Top Bottom