Is this GB parts auction for IMPD parts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I also have an IMPD Glock 22. The serial number format matches what I have. My understanding when these were retired was that the officer could buy his/her assigned pistol and one other. Mine was one of the "one other's". I was told that IMPD did not own these pistols, they were leased from Glock. The officer's pistol and the "one other" went back to Glock and then was shipped to a local FFL for transfer to the officer and then a face to face me. (A nice surprise for me on Christmas morning)

I would suspect that any that were not purchased by IMPD officers were wholesaled out by Glock. Maybe parts were sold off by Glock if the pistol did not meet Glock's inspection to be sold as a functioning pistol and the frames destroyed.

Comparing the serial number in the picture to mine would indicate that it was in the first 500 issued by IMPD. Also, I don't see any indication from looking at the pictures that this has a threaded barrel.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thank you IR, I bought one years ago off an Officer, and it sits in my safe, you saved me a trip to unlock and find it.
    I just remember it (it’s as-new) I saw it had a IMxxxPD, serial #, before I locked it up.
    When I saw the GB auction listing, I assumed it was a IMPD disassembled parts lot.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    The lease thing is wrong. After the merger all IMPD Glocks had IMXXXXPD Serials. They went from IMPD to officers and those not purchased were send to Keislers to pay for the new Glocks.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    That’s one of the gen 3s that were issued after the merge, with that low of a serial number. They were only out for a couple years before they upgraded to the gen 4s. Something to do about complaints of jamming with weapon lights attached, if memory serves.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks guys, I collect PD Trades ins.
    I actually have a Southport PD turn in Glock-22, from years ago, ISP, IMPD, Marion County, and Montgomery County trade ins too but only the MCSD Glock has a department engraving on the slide.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom