• Total voters

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From the article:

If you still think the left-right divide is bridgeable, it is only because it is too painful to confront the tragic reality of contemporary American life: Today's left-right divide is at least as great as the North-South divide before and during the Civil War. The only thing that remains the same is that it was the Democratic Party that opposed freedom then, and it is the Democratic Party that opposes freedom today.”

Is the Christian/Antichrist Divide Bridgeable?
    Is the Constitutionalist/Communist Divide Bridgeable?
    If the answer is no. Then you have your answer.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    We can't even identify left/right in this thread...

I wish Civics was an actual class post 1970.

If you want someone to do something or NOT do something because God says so...
    You are not thinking like an American.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm hoping we don't see mass violence but that all depends on how the left is willing to accept defeat, but.... that depends almost entirely on how we allow them to do that. With open arms and allowing them dignity would be the right way but circling back, that's going to depend on how hard they fight it. The longer it takes, the less likely things are to end civilly since the democrat policies are inflicting more and more harm on a daily basis.

They don't deserve open arms at this point. Not after cheering for our deaths during covid. Not after spending the past decade doing everything possible to get us fired from our jobs and kicked out of society. Not after sex trafficking children at the border. Not after targeting and murdering people during the summer of "love." And most of all, not after sexualizing children and trying to normalize pedophilia.

I don't think the lessons that need to be learned from this can be learned peacefully. Just like how you wouldn't tell a child predator everything is forgiven and let them loose at the local public school.

You don't just let things like this slide, unless you want to continue down their road. Even if they rejected all of it and begged for forgiveness, there are things that have to be answered for and a price to be paid. Otherwise we're going to be right back in this same situation within a decade.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They don't deserve open arms at this point. Not after cheering for our deaths during covid. Not after spending the past decade doing everything possible to get us fired from our jobs and kicked out of society. Not after sex trafficking children at the border. Not after targeting and murdering people during the summer of "love." And most of all, not after sexualizing children and trying to normalize pedophilia.

I don't think the lessons that need to be learned from this can be learned peacefully. Just like how you wouldn't tell a child predator everything is forgiven and let them loose at the local public school.

You don't just let things like this slide, unless you want to continue down their road. Even if they rejected all of it and begged for forgiveness, there are things that have to be answered for and a price to be paid.
    I don't disagree but I do believe we'll all see our graves before we see a shred of justice for anything that has transpired over the past decade. Hillary skated, Biden(s) skated, Fauci will skate as will Garland. The only justice we'll get is not seeing their faces on television as they enjoy their partially taxpayer funded, mostly unlawfully obtained riches.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

You don't just let things like this slide, unless you want to continue down their road. Even if they rejected all of it and begged for forgiveness, there are things that have to be answered for and a price to be paid. Otherwise we're going to be right back in this same situation within a decade.
    I was going to type up something, but this pretty much nailed it for me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't disagree but I do believe we'll all see our graves before we see a shred of justice for anything that has transpired over the past decade. Hillary skated, Biden(s) skated, Fauci will skate as will Garland. The only justice we'll get is not seeing their faces on television as they enjoy their partially taxpayer funded, mostly unlawfully obtained riches.

I think it'll happen sooner than most people are ready for. It's just not going to come from the government or voting.

You can only bottle up the vengeful side of the public for so long before that bottle bursts. I'm also not sure I'd blame any of the people listed for this, all of that is on the voters. They're just doing what the voters asked them to do.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is the Christian/Antichrist Divide Bridgeable?
    Eh, I’m sure you think it is, but that’s not the dichotomy, I’d agreed with. I think the Christian/non-Christian dichotomy is quite bridgeable, other than religions which see Christians as infidels to conquer. But, if you believe this is a battle between Christians and the Antichrist, that’s a religious opinion, which you’re entitled to. Prolly not gonna get is where we need to be, IMHO.

Is the Constitutionalist/Communist Divide Bridgeable?

Now this one is accurate. The logical conclusion of progressivism is necessarily communist. There’s no bridge. They can’t peacefully coexist because Marxists can’t abide capitalism or especially capitalists.

If the answer is no. Then you have your answer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We can't even identify left/right in this thread...

I wish Civics was an actual class post 1970.

If you want someone to do something or NOT do something because God says so...
    You are not thinking like an American.
    No, they are. Unless I missed some posts as I often do. I had civics mid 70’s in high school. But I don’t think you’re correct. Religious people can hope and pray and desire that people will follow God all they want. It’s very American to think what you want. Of course it would not be “American” per se to force their religion on people. Which it does not sound like people have done in this thread.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Now this one is accurate. The logical conclusion of progressivism is necessarily communist. There’s no bridge. They can’t peacefully coexist because Marxists can’t abide capitalism or especially capitalists.

I mean while strictly abiding those words, sure, but that isn't the modern left at all.

The modern left is very capitalist economically. They've applied the marxian critiques to social concepts, and formed a chimera of a belief system.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Eh, I’m sure you think it is, but that’s not the dichotomy,
    1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

There is Antichrist as described above, and thee Antichrist. If you study there is even the spirit of the Antichrist.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm also not sure I'd blame any of the people listed for this, all of that is on the voters. They're just doing what the voters asked them to do.
    We hit a hard disagreement there. The people elected and/or appointed to positions of leadership in this country swear an oath to protect and defend it. The people I listed directly, intentionally, consistently and repeatedly violate that oath on an almost daily basis during their times of "service".

Top Bottom