• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Well, that was strange. I ordered 3x20 Corona Austrians earlier yesterday from SD and no tax was charged. Then I ordered more of the same later the same day, and tax was charged. Here is their answer to my inquiry:

Their guide says Indiana charges tax accordingly:

So the .995 purity cutoff applies, but why did it apply to the second order and not the first? On the same day?! I have asked and will let you know what they say.
    Their explanation, finally, is that is was a mislabeling on their part. If you are ordering online be aware that certain items will be taxed, if not now, then possibly in the future. And you may not find out until you are nearly finished with your order.

Markets are taking a mighty leap downward this morning.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Has anyone ever organized a group buy of silver here before? I keep watching and know the mints need to make some but in my situation can't always buy enough for free ship and get my military discount for the lowest price

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not sure it would appeal to a lot of folks. Provident's $199 base for free shipping is not too difficult to meet for regular monthly of bimonthly purchases. I can see it being an impediment for quick small purchases on the dip which would be more frequent. But that necessary fast action to take advantage of a dip makes coordination of a group buy almost impossible.

I could see it if the premiums dropped off more but I just looked on Provident and the difference between a single silver Eagle and a monster box of 500 is $1.52/coin.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Not sure it would appeal to a lot of folks. Provident's $199 base for free shipping is not too difficult to meet for regular monthly of bimonthly purchases. I can see it being an impediment for quick small purchases on the dip which would be more frequent. But that necessary fast action to take advantage of a dip makes coordination of a group buy almost impossible.

I could see it if the premiums dropped off more but I just looked on Provident and the difference between a single silver Eagle and a monster box of 500 is $1.52/coin.
    Yeah I figured that. The premium would have to be worth it especially if the market settled for a while and the mints caught up. Going through a divorce does make it a bit harder but Im glad to be able to use my military service to my advantage to get the cheaper price even if I can only by 2 or 3 oz at a time.

I've got 10oz since I started my journey after the free copper round a member was offering.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Is this a good thread to watch for good deals on silver?
    I'm thinking about stocking up on it for inheritance for my children and grandchildren.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is this a good thread to watch for good deals on silver?
    I'm thinking about stocking up on it for inheritance for my children and grandchildren.
    This is the site I use to monitor prices (spot prices):

This is the site I buy from most of the time (free shipping over $199, no sales tax):

Here are some other sites to check for deals as well:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    JM and Provident are really the same place.
    I find that SD and Silvergoldbull tend to have the lowest prices, but you have to shop around.
    That's right, I keep forgetting about JM and Provident. I think SD and Silvergoldbull charge tax though IIRC. I think I found that all things considered it was pretty much a wash.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Both SD & Provident have Deals sections that update regularly. I used to be strictly a Provident buyer but now look primarily at the two above. I have had great service from both. Unless I am wanting a specific coin, bar or round, I will open a tab for each and fill both carts to see which is cheaper. It goes back and forth.

Top Bottom