• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    No one knows the future, but I find this guy pretty intelligent and not spinning a narrative:

He sounded like he knew something about what he was talking about. I don't know enough to have an idea if he was right or wrong. He sounded like it was going to make another drop in price.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What website does everyone use for buying silver?
    I usually end up using Provident. Free shipping over $199, and no sales tax.

I've also used APMEX and Gainesville if they're having some kind of special.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I usually end up using Provident. Free shipping over $199, and no sales tax.

I've also used APMEX and Gainesville if they're having some kind of special.

I check the prices+premium+shipping on https://findbullionprices.com/

So far I've used silvergoldbull.com and bullionexchanges.com and of those two Bullion Exchanges was much easier to do business with.
    Thanks for the info!

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I find that silvergoldbull often has the best prices, especially on 1 oz silver rounds and 1 oz gold bars. Never had any issues dealing with them.

The only problem I had with them was that the only payment method that would work for me was a personal check, which arrived and was cashed in a couple of days, but they held my order for over a month while it "cleared" their payment process. But as you said, they had the absolute best price at the time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only problem I had with them was that the only payment method that would work for me was a personal check, which arrived and was cashed in a couple of days, but they held my order for over a month while it "cleared" their payment process. But as you said, they had the absolute best price at the time.
    That's another thing I like about Provident. They let you set up an ACH payment with no extra charges (same as writing a check, but it works like bill paying with your checking account). It usually clears within 3 or so business days and they ship as soon as it does.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    That's another thing I like about Provident. They let you set up an ACH payment with no extra charges (same as writing a check, but it works like bill paying with your checking account). It usually clears within 3 or so business days and they ship as soon as it does.
    I looked on their website and they offer a 4% cash discount on several different payment methods including ACH

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I looked on their website and they offer a 4% cash discount on several different payment methods including ACH
    I think they offer a discount for wire transfer, but my credit union charges an obscene amount for wire transfers. I don't understand it, since it seems like it would be basically the same as ACH but whatever. Some of the sites don't offer ACH, but do offer wire transfer. For those, I just mailed checks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Be advised, I made a purchase of some Philharmonics earlier this week. So prices should be coming down shortly.
    Seems like prices have been pretty flat for at least the past week or so, hovering just below and just above $23. Haven't seen any major dips that would encourage me to buy recently.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Just ordered a Hungarian 100 Corona and two 1/2 oz gold coins from JM. The Hungarians don't come up for sale very often, so I bit. And now they are priced less than the Austrians - even more rare.
    Everyone get ready for the big price drop - you, too, teddy.

Top Bottom