teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Who knows? And who cares?

Who controls bitcoin? No one.
    Great point, I don't see what could go wrong at all, lol.

As far as I'm concerned there's a time and place for everything. I look at crypto currency like a speculative/risky investment and I look at gold/silver as a safer money market/bond fund. Whatever people want to do with their investing is up to them and I'm happy for them. For me though, I'm more focused on silver.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Great point, I don't see what could go wrong at all, lol.

As far as I'm concerned there's a time and place for everything. I look at crypto currency like a speculative/risky investment and I look at gold/silver as a safer money market/bond fund. Whatever people want to do with their investing is up to them and I'm happy for them. For me though, I'm more focused on silver.
    I'm more in the gold/silver as "insurance" camp.
    I can't say I'm happy to pay my car, house and health insurance premiums, I do.
    The thought of collecting on any of them doesn't fill me with glee. In a perfect world I would never have a claim to file. But I understand that we don't live in a perfect world. So given that fact, I'll continue to pay my car, house and health insurance premiums.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm more in the gold/silver as "insurance" camp.
    I can't say I'm happy to pay my car, house and health insurance premiums, I do.
    The thought of collecting on any of them doesn't fill me with glee. In a perfect world I would never have a claim to file. But I understand that we don't live in a perfect world. So given that fact, I'll continue to pay my car, house and health insurance premiums.

Exactly. I see silver as a tangible insurance policy. Maybe it's needed as cash for bread or an egg laying chicken, but either way it's a means of barter that can't be shut down like a canadian truckers bank account.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I personally don't feel like empowering our enemies. I also never buy PM Pandas.
    But if we shop at Rural King, Tractor Supply, Academy Sports, Walmart, etc. we are buying items produced in China.
    If China can sell their wares here and around the world, they have capital to invest.
    They use some of that capital to buy U.S. debt in the form of Treasury Bills and Bonds.
    When they invest in these debt instruments, that provides funding for the party to go on in the U.S.
    It's the circle of life. :rockwoot:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    But if we shop at Rural King, Tractor Supply, Academy Sports, Walmart, etc. we are buying items produced in China.
    I can't afford Rural King, the only thing I get at TSC is chicken feed (not likely Chinese), never have bought from Academy, and Walmart is mostly for food if Aldi doesn't have it. Amazon, though is CCP heaven, and I am more particular there to look for non-Chinese items (sometimes without success).
    If we think the American economy is approaching the brink, China is even closer, though it can be hard to tell, since their lies define them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think people hear so much more about our domestic problems that we tend to assume other places don't have similar issues. Just google "China Evergrande" and you'll see they've got problems to sort through as well too.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    What happens? The Chinese Communists make more at their "mining" operations set up near power producing facilities.
    I personally don't feel like empowering our enemies. I also never buy PM Pandas.
    sorry but that’s not how it works. There is a set amount of bitcoin mined every ten minutes. Every four years that amount is cut in half. This April there will be another halving. Going from 6 bitcoins mined every ten minutes to 3 bitcoins every ten minutes.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    The same people that trust the anonymous cabal of bitcoin should trust the anonymous cabal of fiat.

The same people that trust the anonymous cabal of bitcoin should trust the anonymous cabal of fiat.
    Not so. Do you know anyone that owns bitcoin? Bitcoin is the exact opposite of fiat currency. Controlled by no one. Limited supply.
    Most bitcoiners I know own bitcoin to escape fiat currency.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Not so. Do you know anyone that owns bitcoin? Bitcoin is the exact opposite of fiat currency. Controlled by no one. Limited supply.
    Most bitcoiners I know own bitcoin to escape fiat currency.

I'm pretty sure I was one of the first 500 miners. Before there were exchanges or GPU code, pizza buyers or news articles. When a Pentium 233 could turn out several hundred coins a day.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Just watching a recent video with Catherine Austin Fitts who explains your comment in this way....Bitcoin gets inflated when gold is rising, keeping retail going into Bitcoin and smart money buying gold, real assets.

She says many states (TX, OK, AR, TN & MO) already are setting up bullion depositories and tax laws in order to transact with PMs. So there's a push at the state level to create an infrastructure for communities to use PMs.

Timestamp 38:20 to 46:30

Top Bottom