• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Glock is a great handgun. It has a lot going for it. It set the standard for reliability in polymer handguns. They’re simple, easy to use and often plenty accurate. But I think you should add one thing to your criteria in your search: Is it enjoyable to shoot? Whatever you choose, it should fit you and feel comfortable and it should be enjoyable to shoot. A gun that is enjoyable to shoot will encourage you to practice and train more verses letting it sit in the safe.

I have a lot of respect for Glock, but they’re not for me. The main reason is the grip angle. I’ll echo the advice of many others here, try similar offerings from other reputable brands (like CZ, Sig, S&W, Walther, and others) and pick what you find is most enjoyable.
    I'm in agreement with you.
    That said the PSA Dagger full size (Glock 45 clone) I really like it. It actually feels pretty good in my hand which surprised me. The trigger imo is much better than Glock original trigger as well.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm in agreement with you.
    That said the PSA Dagger full size (Glock 45 clone) I really like it. It actually feels pretty good in my hand which surprised me. The trigger imo is much better than Glock original trigger as well.
    I’ve been keeping my eye on them. They appear to be a lot of bang for the buck. And I’ve heard the grip is better, so I’m glad to hear that here too. As a Glock clone, does the reliability live up to Glock? Or are they still too new to tell?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’ve been keeping my eye on them. They appear to be a lot of bang for the buck. And I’ve heard the grip is better, so I’m glad to hear that here too. As a Glock clone, does the reliability live up to Glock? Or are they still too new to tell?
    I can't say on that yet. I'm loading up 1k rds 124gr RN, 147gr RN, 124gr XTP, 147gr XTP, 124gr Nosler ASP HP.
    I plan on giving it a good test. I've only got 30rds through mine so far.
    As @zachcz he's got more round count on his daggers.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a 509T on my G45. I like it but it's bulky, especially with the longer grip. My G19 wears the SCS, which I like even more. I haven't done enough testing to confidently switch the slides back and forth for carry.

For me the Gen 5 triggers only require a Ghost connector to be really sweet.

:hehe:, remember when we were 1911 guys? :hehe:
    Slides will switch without issue. Only possible problem could be a slight POI shift.. The only thing I can think of is slight differences in locking blocks but I've only encountered it one time.
    Triggers are much more user friendly in the Gen 5s. I make sure the slide internals are smooth, put an overtravel stop in the trigger and install Ghost connector.
    Yeah I remember 1911 days but I don't miss 8 in the mag and the extra weight pulling my pants down so here we are. :hehe:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have about a thousand rounds through a couple different gun with no issues and another INGOer I know has about a thousand through one without issue. Do your own testing but in my mind they are good to go.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Like others have mentioned the dagger is also a good choice at nearly half the price of a Glock. I’ve had zero issues with the three I have/had. I’m not a huge fan of duplicates so I have settled on this halo inspired one

4E50C90A-76E4-4A19-A2FE-29C6E13572F9.jpeg

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I’m looking to purchase my first do everything gun. I’m someone who hunts and camps often and am looking for something to also daily carry. I have interest in a Glock 30s due to the reliability and simplicity of the gun. I’d like to hear others input on the situation. Thank you.
    I'm not sure if a 30s is going to be a "do everything" gun for you. Figured you'd want a 10mm if hunting.

That being said, taking a class, or going to a range where you can rent and try a wide range of guns would be very beneficial and money well spent.

Glocks aren't perfection but they are pretty well proven. There are a lot of good options out there now by several companies though. Once you settle on a brand model, commit to it before selling it off.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I’m looking to purchase my first do everything gun. I’m someone who hunts and camps often and am looking for something to also daily carry. I have interest in a Glock 30s due to the reliability and simplicity of the gun. I’d like to hear others input on the situation. Thank you.
    Find what you think you'll like and try it out if possible. While you're at it, try a couple more. In short, if you can efficiently and effectively operate, shoot, and carry the gun (fill in the blank with your choice) then that's the one you buy, no matter what others say. Many times though, Glock's really do just work great for many people.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If a Glock 30 sized Glock is what you want, I'd get a Glock 29 instead.
    Virtually the same size, dimensions, and weight and a more powerful round in a hunting and camping scenario.
    Plus it'll take the Glock 20 15 round magazines.

I owned both at the same time in years past and I carried the Glock 29 more than I carried the Glock 30.

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    If a Glock 30 sized Glock is what you want, I'd get a Glock 29 instead.
    Virtually the same size, dimensions, and weight and a more powerful round in a hunting and camping scenario.
    Plus it'll take the Glock 20 15 round magazines.

I owned both at the same time in years past and I carried the Glock 29 more than I carried the Glock 30.
    I’ll have to check it out, I’ve been trying to find a good range in central Indiana to rent several firearms I’m interested in. The size of the firearm and the larger caliber are what interested me in the G30 originally. I’m not married to .45 ACP, so I’d be interested in trying 10mm. I know with the compact pistols though that recoil can be an issue for follow up shots.

jcole123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I’ve heard good things about the PSA rifles, specifically their AR-15, so I’d assume their pistols are of similar quality. Obviously with a sub $1000 gun you’re getting what you pay for, but I think they price quite fair.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I’ve heard good things about the PSA rifles, specifically their AR-15, so I’d assume their pistols are of similar quality. Obviously with a sub $1000 gun you’re getting what you pay for, but I think they price quite fair.
    Don't confuse something being "cheap" with another being "inexpensive" - I don't care what anyone says about PSA, they make rock solid products and could charge a good bit more for the quality they produce. Their pricing model has more to do with their philosophy than anything along with them manufacturing virtually everything in house.

I don't know everything - really not even a whole lot - about firearms in my eyes, but based on personal experience if the world was to collapse and SHTF came tomorrow and I needed to carry only one of my rifles with me everywhere tomorrow on, I'd take one of my PSAs over nearly all of my other *much, much* more expensive ARs.

You may see people say they got this or that problem with them but no manufacturer is perfect, and PSA stands strong behind their products and will make it right. For every 1 problem that's posted about their products they've sold thousands of perfect ones in its place.

Top Bottom