• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is George Zimmerman Guilty of a Crime.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, there are plenty of stories out there but only 2 things count. Zimmermans story and do the facts back up that story. Nothing else matters.

There are 3 ways the facts can go. They disprove his story, there aren't enough facts to determine either way, or the prove his story. When weighing the facts in a threat assessment to get involved or not, I sure as hell want the latter.

There have been multiple good shoot/bad shoot discussions on this board about real life shoots. I believe one example was a guy who shot someone through his front door because he was pounding on it. He had not yet breached the house. In that situation, you don't have concrete evidence. Where is a single piece of evidence that a crime would have occured had Zimmerman not followed Martin?

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    In watching the news this morning, they had some legal experts discussing charging Zimmerman with second degree murder. The only thing they could come up with is this special prosecutor has some type of evidence that has not been leaked.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Where is a single piece of evidence that a crime would have occured had Zimmerman not followed Martin?
    I don't think that falls within the realm of the legal process, what would have happened if the defendant had not done X. And not relevant to what did actually happen. If the jury convicts or acquits on the basis of unsubstantiated speculation, then law will not have prevailed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There is nothing to "feel." That is why the other thread is crap. He is innocent until proven guilty.

THIS

He's already been tried and convicted by an irresponsible media. Guilty or not, there's no possible way he can get a fair trial. There is not a single person on this board who is in any way qualified to make a determination as to his guilt or innocence. Every single piece of so-called "evidence" is speculation and hearsay unless you are directly involved in either the investigation or the trial.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Anyone outside of that small circle (LE/Defense/Prosecutor) in FL that believes they have enough evidence to determine guilt/innocence IS A FOOL. I am already tired of hearing about it...ugh.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Anyone outside of that small circle (LE/Defense/Prosecutor) in FL that believes they have enough evidence to determine guilt/innocence IS A FOOL. I am already tired of hearing about it...ugh.

^^^^^THIS^^^^

Well Said.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Exactly, but we all know how emotions, preconceived determinations, biases, etc., play in the mindset of some people.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I didn't think anyone was convinced one way or the other. I thought we were just giving our opinions...:dunno:

I enjoy the discussion.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If Zimmerman is exonerated, who else believes that LA in 1992 will occur again?

'Stand your Ground' will then be absolutely necessary.

Top Bottom