Is anyone noticing a trend in the Swine Flu debate?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been noticing that while there were a lot of conservative radio and tv talk show hosts up in arms that the Swine Flu epidemic was utter and total :bs:...

I'm now hearing and seeing them up in arms that there isn't enough vaccines going around...

:scratch: :wtf:

Am I the only one noticing this??

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    opportunistic bashing regardless of the topic, all media are hypocrites. As for me, im most pissed that the gov made h1n1 such a big deal, then screwed up the delivery of vaccines for people that actually want it. they really dropped the ball in demonstrating that big gov can handle a nationwide health problem. i hope the initial rationing of the vaccine to "high risk" populations isnt another indicator of how we health care will become.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am mainly hearing them saying "if the Government thinks it can handle the nation's health care, it sure isn't doing a good job of making a vaccine available."

Just pointing out that the Government is inept.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm hearing more of them crying out about sending vaccines to Gitmo instead of the hospitals and the schools. That's what I've been hearing. Not from all of them, but I'm seeing it on Fox, I heard it on the radio yesterday... It was shocking...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm hearing more of them crying out about sending vaccines to Gitmo instead of the hospitals and the schools. That's what I've been hearing. Not from all of them, but I'm seeing it on Fox, I heard it on the radio yesterday... It was shocking...

Yeah, the whole situation is pretty bogus.

On one hand, its pretty lame that they vaccinate isolated prisoners while other people are on lists to get the vaccine.

On the other hand, I consider this brand new vaccine in the testing period - even if the CDC rushed its approval - so I'd rather them test the vaccine on criminals than unwitting civilians.

Every aspect of the "crisis" has been ridiculous. The media sensationalism, the government hype, the rushed vaccine testing, the WHO declaration of a Level 6 Pandemic, the National Emergency declared by Obama, the Vice President telling people not to travel this year, the Massachusetts forced vaccination law, etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and the fact that H1N1 is an overhyped flu strain.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd rather the vaccines go to the terrorists all across the world. Preferably those with increased doses of mercury. But the fact that these people here are up in arms about there not being enough vaccines... It's crazy...

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Yeah, the whole situation is pretty bogus.

On one hand, its pretty lame that they vaccinate isolated prisoners while other people are on lists to get the vaccine.

On the other hand, I consider this brand new vaccine in the testing period - even if the CDC rushed its approval - so I'd rather them test the vaccine on criminals than unwitting civilians.

Every aspect of the "crisis" has been ridiculous. The media sensationalism, the government hype, the rushed vaccine testing, the WHO declaration of a Level 6 Pandemic, the National Emergency declared by Obama, the Vice President telling people not to travel this year, the Massachusetts forced vaccination law, etc, etc, etc.

Oh, and the fact that H1N1 is an overhyped flu strain.

On one hand it is a BRAND NEW UNTESTED vaccine (read: not just another version of the standard flu vaccine). On the other hand it is JUST ANOTHER HYPED UP VERSION OF THE SAME OLD FLU.

You don't get to make an argument like that. It simply won't hold water.

I agree that H1N1 is just another flu... a bad one that hits the younger population harder than normal, but yes, just another flu. However, in as much as it is just as it is just another flu, this is just another flu vaccine. Flu vaccines have been tested extensively (even in double blind studies!) :twocents:

EDIT: that was a little too big, eh... I dropped it down a bit.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    <snip for the sake of my eyes!:):>

I agree that H1N1 is just another flu... a bad one that hits the younger population harder than normal, but yes, just another flu. However, in as much as it is just as it is just another flu, this is just another flu vaccine. Flu vaccines have been tested extensively (even in double blind studies!) :twocents:

Are you 100% sure, without a doubt, bet your life on the idea that you know what's in that vaccine?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about I bet my life, my wife's life, and our unborn child's life all at once. DONE.

For everyone's sake I hope you're right. I think that's foolish, but that's IMHO. No offense. But there's no way I'm betting my life on that vaccine. Or any other vaccine for that matter. To each their own.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    For everyone's sake I hope you're right. I think that's foolish, but that's IMHO. No offense. But there's no way I'm betting my life on that vaccine. Or any other vaccine for that matter. To each their own.

No problem. We took the advise of our obstatrition. It was a big decision and the right one in my opinion given what we knew at that point in time.

What would be foolish would be to take the advise of an internet unknown, untrained, uncertified, blogger over that of our trusted medical doctors.

p.s. We won't let you deliver our baby either... :ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    No problem. We took the advise of our obstatrition. It was a big decision and the right one in my opinion given what we knew at that point in time.

What would be foolish would be to take the advise of an internet unknown, untrained, uncertified, blogger over that of our trusted medical doctors.

Oh I didn't get my advice from online. I got it from those who practice in more natural medicines. And we asked our reluctant doctor who agreed with the advice we were given. The internet just gave me reason to think twice and help me do my research. Of which only one source came from a Blog.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't like having the flu...no matter what the strain, that's as far as I think about it. I did get my seasonal flu shot a couple of months back since I am far more likely to come across that strain.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

Just one question for you bigus D, did you actually read the insert packet for the vaccine itself?

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    About a year ago I read The Great Influenza by John Barry. I would recommend this book for those who question the information coming from the government. (They really botched it by minimizing it the first time around, and they ended up with zero credibility. Perhaps, this time around they want to be overly cautious.)

I have decided that, for now, my family will not be receiving the vaccine. However, I will continue to watch the virulence of this strain. Should it change in its characteristics, I might certainly reconsider.

Many of the stories related in the book are frightening. The 1918 flu often killed quickly. One of the stories related how people would get on the streetcars at one end of San Francisco perfectly healthy, and by the time the train got to the other end, they were dead. A serious flu is nothing to mess around with. I am just not convinced that this one has made the leap to warrant the "Panic." I will also give the vaccine more time to see what the frequency of complications is. So for now, I will remain vigilant, stay informed, and open minded.

Top Bottom