• ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I’ve talked my wife into a few more nuke prep supplies by

Nothing too crazy but more plastic and duct tape to seal things up and make a makeshift decontamination room in the garage. Had an extra water outlet added in the garage for a shower head to be installed if needed. Ordered a NukAlert monitor and will be getting the Mira safety version this week along with some thyrosafe.

Next on my list is to convince her to get a Harvest Right freeze drier, she’s seriously thinking about it, and some night vision.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Looks like the assumption is the power infrastructure. Two of the three to the north and NW are the Duke plant west of Princeton and the Petersburg generating station. Not sure what the one near Huntingburg (?) is. Clearly Crane is hit as well.
    Don’t worry democrats will decommission those and turn off the lights a long time before Russia will

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So if things go pear shaped, what defense does the us have? We see things like patriot batteries and the iron dome but is any of it effective on incoming ballistic missiles?

See the amount of unexploded ordinance from the soviets what kind of failure relate do you think their middles are going to have?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So if things go pear shaped, what defense does the us have? We see things like patriot batteries and the iron dome but is any of it effective on incoming ballistic missiles?

See the amount of unexploded ordinance from the soviets what kind of failure relate do you think their middles are going to have?
    Hard to defend a ballistic on the way down.
    If you hit it, it still comes down.

They used to use nukes for ABM. The ABM nuke would disrupt the ability of the enemy nuke to detonate.
    At a great range.
    Kind of like that game Missile Command.
    But then, turns out they (ABM) would damage us pretty good.

"Star Wars" if it had worked, would have been good. Hit it at the apogee. Better targeting, and on the way down it would burn up.

So, the best way to hit it would be on the ascent. Which can be problematic.
    Cause they're not gonna let us camp out near the launch sites.

They do have Navy ships that can supposedly do that. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Hard to defend a ballistic on the way down.
    If you hit it, it still comes down.

They used to use nukes for ABM. The ABM nuke would disrupt the ability of the enemy nuke to detonate.
    At a great range.
    Kind of like that game Missile Command.
    But then, turns out they (ABM) would damage us pretty good.

"Star Wars" if it had worked, would have been good. Hit it at the apogee. Better targeting, and on the way down it would burn up.

So, the best way to hit it would be on the ascent. Which can be problematic.
    Cause they're not gonna let us camp out near the launch sites.

They do have Navy ships that can supposedly do that. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I kinda figured. How long from launch until impact?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I kinda figured. How long from launch until impact?
    Depends on launch site and target site.
    I think and average Land Based against a Land Based is 40 minutes according to this site...

But, that doesn't take into account SLBMs (Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles)
    Park it off the shore, and C3 sites (Command Control Communications) could be under 5 minutes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

STAY INSIDE
    Stay inside for 24 hours unless local authorities provide other instructions. Continue to practice social distancing by wearing a mask and by keeping a distance of at least six feet between yourself and people who not part of your household.

:lmfao:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Panic buying for the elites in Europe?

I bought the last boxes of Thryosafe from a reputable company that I could find today. Limit to 5 and was sold out 15min after my order. Went ahead and got some more filters, suits, two types of Geiger counters. And the 4th edition of the survival medicine handbook.

May be pointless but I’ve spent money in worse ways before

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Opportunity to do an operational check of the old Civil Defense radiation meter !
    Some Potassium Iodide will allow one to witness the the decay of society a bit longer than others !!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've noticed that alot of the prepper channels I follow on Youtube have been talking more and more about nuclear war the past few months. These same channels were talking about a pandemic in late 2019/early 2020 so I tend to research what they talk about a little bit.

I'm just curious if anybody else is seeing this trend and preparing for it? I've got Mira safety gas masks and filters. I was looking at getting a few more masks and a case of filters. I'd probably get a few sizes of full chemical suits, a Geiger counter, and a book on Nuclear survival.

Is anyone else concerned about this or would this be money wasted?
    Many of us are prepped for nuclear war, we know where we are going when this life ends…

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Based on common weather patterns and commonly assumed targets the only “safe” place from fallout in would be some places in Canada, and surprisingly, Maine….. this doesn’t take into consideration the affect of nuclear winter so growing enough food to feed yourself (and livestock) would be difficult, also temperatures would be arctic so you’d spend all your free time keeping yourself warm enough to survive

Top Bottom