• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's a nice looking SKS. Is that a Norinco?

I have a Yugo in the garage that, when time permits, I'll be cleaning and refinishing. I hope it turns out as nice.

Yep, Norinco.

It will be kept complete as original.
    The ONLY modification is the addition of a Murray Spring Return firing pin. Link below:

SKS Owners

At $39.00 for the kit it's kind of costly, and I'm sure some will say not necessary but this rifle will be a keeper and I don't mind.
    My piece of mind is important, I want my rifle to function perfectly
    and don't want to be "Surprised" by slamfire. The stock firing pin as most of
    you already know is free-floating and any unremoved cosmo or grease, dirt, etc.
    can cause the pin to stick forward. Unintentional full auto rate of fire without even touching the trigger, I do NOT want that.

You need to pull the bolt apart, it's not hard but the retaining pin is a PIA tight.

I strip all the guns I own down to the frame as a matter of course
    when I get them. (yes even revolvers) I like to find out how they work. Once you do one "the magic in the box" won't seem like magic and is fun.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I too have worried about slamfires, but I also soak my BCG in solvent after shooting which will take care of these issues 99% of the time. The only time to really worry is after 500+rnds and not cleaning the Firing pin and bolt thoroughly. I may do this upgrade one day, but see no reason to do it now.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I clean my rifles after each time out, but I did experience a slam fire once. I'm glad there were just two rounds in there at the time. I'll probably take your advice and get the replacement pin.

Top Bottom