• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    :+1:

I never thought I'd have to have a bug out plan, but my brother and I have actually started working on a plan to get away from Indy to southern IN.

I think you'd be way better off heading north. The roads suck going south and Evansville and the south west can barely survive now with out some federal super duper high way project.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Any serious "long distance" bug out plan had BETTER include gasoline/diesel fuel supplies.
    Cuz, ya ain't gonna pull up to the pump, slide in the ol' credit card, top off the tank and just head down the road, if it is a serious SHTF situation!

No fuel/No bug out!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    In the bug out scenarios also, don't forget that there have been several of our own brethren here on this forum that have said they would be happily shooting people they saw to take their supplies. If people on here admit their willingness to do so, I doubt they are alone in that. So unless you can travel in a pretty large well armed group, you might be better off hunkering down. That is my plan anyway.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Sounds right to me, I hope it is. Fortunately, Obama was losing before the economic callapse, and he's a fool if he thinks he will get the same support next election as he did the last...that goes for the Democratic Party as well.
    I suspect the next election will be another Clinton style massacre of Democratic legislators, or at least anti-gun legislators, among others.
    Though I happen to be a Democrat myself (Covers face in Shame), I intend to contribute to said election massacre.
    The Democratic Party has betrayed me and every other thinking Democrat (Yes, believe it or not, they actually do exist, though I'll be the first to admit they are becoming an endangered species) as well as the nation in general.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I, too, am a registered Democrat. BUT, when I registered (family line), the Dems actually did support our country and the people. BOY! have they changed! I seldom vote for a Dem. Actually, I don't like what either party has to offer anymore. I tend to vote for the "lesser of two evils".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In the bug out scenarios also, don't forget that there have been several of our own brethren here on this forum that have said they would be happily shooting people they saw to take their supplies. If people on here admit their willingness to do so, I doubt they are alone in that. So unless you can travel in a pretty large well armed group, you might be better off hunkering down. That is my plan anyway.

Not so much worried about that as I am check points/military helicopters. Think Beginning of "Red Dawn" and "Outbreak". It is a vaild concern however. Just stay well armed and visibly armed and travel in SOME kind of group. Most people will pick easy targets instead of risking a gun fight for whatever. If most people are buggin out, they'll be more worried about hitching a ride.

Luckily for me I live right outside Indy with many backroads to choose that are just as fast as they interstates that will most likely be backed up. While they may be good places to ambush people leaving, much less chance of traffic. Plus I know all the backroads from here to Martinsville and here to Greencastle and everything inbetween. (maybe those days of my misspent youth won't be all a waste after all...) :thumbsup:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    OK OK Lets just review the boy scouts first rule. "BE PREPARED" This is a rule to live by. It dosent matter what you believe. Be prepared to handle anything. Natural desasters, riots, revolutions, a random thug, fema, what ever may harm you. If you follow that 1 rule the we may all one day find other dependable allys in times of dire need for unity.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    I, too, am a registered Democrat. BUT, when I registered (family line), the Dems actually did support our country and the people. BOY! have they changed! I seldom vote for a Dem. Actually, I don't like what either party has to offer anymore. I tend to vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Exactly, but it sure is tough to pick between Hitler and Stalin.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN

My plan exactly. I have a full basement and will give a hell of a fight if confined to it I promise. Think rabbies infested, genital warts, p-offed coon in the corner. :ar15::shoot:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I didn't read all 5 pages of responses so this may have been said already: We are in the beginning stages of a liberal revolution right now. They are revolutionizing our country and if they aren't challenged at every step then the damage may be irreparable.The debt is bad enough for our children. If we allow them to rewrite the constitution our children and grandchildren will long for the country we grew up in.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

I heard a gun shop owner say recently to a customer. that he didn't have all that much personal stuff set up at home that he would just use what he has and when he got low on supplies he would simply shoot one of his customers and take back the stuff he sold them...

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I heard a gun shop owner say recently to a customer. that he didn't have all that much personal stuff set up at home that he would just use what he has and when he got low on supplies he would simply shoot one of his customers and take back the stuff he sold them...

mind posting which shop that was...out of safety concerns and all. :yesway:

edit: note to self, delivery orders may be well worth it!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Reciepe to get shot from anyone on this board. Save a couple or three people.

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    I believe its comming, and we're not ready, puts me in the frame of Harlem Globetrotters v. Washington Generals, even if we get blown out, i'll be in the game and not on the sidelines, if you follow the analogy

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yes we are very close to a revolution. The last one happened in November 2008 and the next one will occur in November 2010. The next revolution after that will occur in November 2012. Amazing prediction, right?

The American people remain in control of their country through the vote.

There is nothing that 500 or so people out east can do to suppress the Ammerican people.

Top Bottom