• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've already replaced the battery, and I do have the tools. The one I put in supposedly has nearly twice the capacity of a stock one, but I didn't run a charge/discharge test to measure it, so it may be crap.

Sounds par for the course with apple not allowing a downgrade path. That's one thing I really like about my Opera browser; I think they're up to v24 but they still support v12. I genuinely hate every version after 12, and moreso with each one, but 12.17 is teh awesome. I seriously used to get 3-4 days out of this 4S with 6.whatever and the stock battery, and it went down to <8 hours when I updated to the first ios7 version. It'll go a day now, but not much more. This is the first apple product I've ever owned new (only because it was a $.99 upgrade), and it will probably be the last.

When you were getting 3-4 days out of your 4S, were you doing anything with it other than making the occasional phone call and/or sending a text or 2? I've never gotten more than a few hours out of mine unless I pretty much used it as a paper weight. I'll admit that if I don't have something to do or just get bored, I'll surf the net on mine -- a lot. (which would explain the reduced battery life).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd send or receive an occasional call or text. I have a couple of games but don't play much. It was just there when I needed it. Then it started dieing within a few hours of a full charge. The difference was in-your-face obvious, and it happened with the 7.something ios "upgrade". Wish I'd known that would do that to me, I'd still be on 6.something. [bad word] apple.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd send or receive an occasional call or text. I have a couple of games but don't play much. It was just there when I needed it. Then it started dieing within a few hours of a full charge. The difference was in-your-face obvious, and it happened with the 7.something ios "upgrade". Wish I'd known that would do that to me, I'd still be on 6.something. [bad word] apple.

yeah, I'm never ever ever taking another fricken update, ever. I only did so I'd stop seeing the annoying alert. I'll live with it.

I learned my lesson back with my 3GS. I figured I was good to go with v5 (or whatever it was at the time) because Apple said so. I figure that once you get to the 2nd major revision on a platform from where you started--you'd best be cautious.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom