Ft Wayne

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Asking an honest question.

for all the “trump can’t win the general election “ crowd, how does DeSantis win the general when he can only pull 14-15% of the Republican vote that are supposed to be his team? Are there a large percentage of Democrats, 30-40% that will vote for him?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My biggest fear is that Trump will get the nomination, but they'll figure a way to make him ineligible over the lawsuits, or there will be more states that remove him from the ballot, hamstringing his chances. I don't know, but it feels like it's about to get ugly.
    It got ugly when Trump was first indicted.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My biggest fear is that Trump will get the nomination, but they'll figure a way to make him ineligible over the lawsuits, or there will be more states that remove him from the ballot, hamstringing his chances. I don't know, but it feels like it's about to get ugly.
    This steamroller victory is the signal that they're not gonna win by propping up Haley in the media and trying to manipulate the Republican primary. Trump is more popular than ever.

The desperate moves are coming, they'll just be scheduled late enough in the year to ensure nobody else in the primary field can rally. The Big Cheat is coming. I don't even think the A word is off the table, the Term 2 meltdown will make 2016 look like a picnic.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This steamroller victory is the signal that they're not gonna win by propping up Haley in the media and trying to manipulate the Republican primary. Trump is more popular than ever.

The desperate moves are coming, they'll just be scheduled late enough in the year to ensure nobody else in the primary field can rally. The Big Cheat is coming. I don't even think the A word is off the table, the Term 2 meltdown will make 2016 look like a picnic.
    and that's exactly what I fear. If they get too stupid the CW that sane people are holding back will be inevitable.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    If that happens, and I think the likelihood is high, "January 6" will look like a kids birthday party.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    If that happens, and I think the likelihood is high, "January 6" will look like a kids birthday party.
    I would put the likelihood squarely at 0%.

January 6 wouldn't even have happened if it hadn't been egged on and coordinated by the feds. It's not even a conspiracy theory anymore, it's just right out in front of our faces, between the security footage coming out, and the guys on the ground instigating and telling people to go in being put on probation, while other folks get 20 years for posting on the internet. They don't even care who knows now, they're practically rubbing it in people faces that the whole thing was coordinated by the feds. They were doing everything in their power to provoke some sort of violence on the part of right-wing Trump supporters, and the worst they got was some guy putting his feet up on Nancy Pelosi's desk. They desperately wanted right-wing violence against the government, and they couldn't even get it when they were literally trying.

Conservatives simply don't have the propensity for violence that the left does. There is 0% chance that any conservative movement actually launches an armed campaign to put Trump or anyone else into power. Even if we hypothetically reached the point when such a thing would be the right call, we're still way to comfortable, and way too divided for anything like that to have a chance of happening.

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    good point

January 6 wouldn't even have happened if it hadn't been egged on and coordinated by the feds. It's not even a conspiracy theory anymore, it's just right out in front of our faces, between the security footage coming out, and the guys on the ground instigating and telling people to go in being put on probation, while other folks get 20 years for posting on the internet. They don't even care who knows now, they're practically rubbing it in people faces that the whole thing was coordinated by the feds. They were doing everything in their power to provoke some sort of violence on the part of right-wing Trump supporters, and the worst they got was some guy putting his feet up on Nancy Pelosi's desk. They desperately wanted right-wing violence against the government, and they couldn't even get it when they were literally trying.

Conservative simply don't have the propensity for violence that the left does. There is 0% chance that any conservative movement actually launches an armed campaign to put Trump or anyone else into power. Even if we hypothetically reached the point when such a thing would be the right call, we're still way to comfortable, and way too divided for anything like that to have a chance of happening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trying to figure out who “they” is. If you mean Democrats, that looks like it’s one of the most obvious plays they’re making.

If Trump wins the nomination and they can disqualify him either through indictments or whatever, it’s too late for the gop to coalesce around a candidate. Prop up Haley so that she’s the obvious replacement, in case R’s win.

Or, do you mean “they” being the GOP establishment, who could install Haley as the replacement for Trump if they could disqualify him as the nominee.

I doubt there’s a viable play for the latter. The GOP would be obliterated. There arent enough HKFC’s to even outpoll Trump as a third party candidate.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Conservatives simply don't have the propensity for violence that the left does. There is 0% chance that any conservative movement actually launches an armed campaign to put Trump or anyone else into power. Even if we hypothetically reached the point when such a thing would be the right call, we're still way to comfortable, and way too divided for anything like that to have a chance of happening.

Nothing is ever 0%.

Trying to figure out who “they” is. If you mean Democrats, that looks like it’s one of the most obvious plays they’re making.

If Trump wins the nomination and they can disqualify him either through indictments or whatever, it’s too late for the gop to coalesce around a candidate. Prop up Haley so that she’s the obvious replacement, in case R’s win.

Or, do you mean “they” being the GOP establishment, who could install Haley as the replacement for Trump if they could disqualify him as the nominee.

I doubt there’s a viable play for the latter. The GOP would be obliterated. There arent enough HKFC’s to even outpoll Trump as a third party candidate.

They as in the Establishment or the Deep State, whoever that means.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As the season progresses and big media becomes more deranged and shrill about President Trump, he should be increasing his personal security. Crazy purple haired people will be thinking that he's the equivalent of the antichrist, and they will receive some sort of canonization for assassinating him.

Top Bottom