• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One of my brothers called me over the weekend to tell me that he found an inversion table at a flea market and it didn't have any fleas!
    Seriously though, it is in really good shape and I got it for $40.
    I have wanted to try one for years but I didn't want to pay $150+.
    After trying this one, I almost wish I had paid that much years ago.
    I might have saved myself a lot of suffering with a stiff/sore back.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I used one for years, I know in the movies they show some very athletic person with feet in the air doing sit ups, but that was never me. It was amazing how a slight inversion angle can relieve a tight back.

Go easy, I over did it hanging pretty far down and stretched something in my back too far, and needed medical intervention and pain drugs for a few weeks.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One of my brothers called me over the weekend to tell me that he found an inversion table at a flea market and it didn't have any fleas!
    Seriously though, it is in really good shape and I got it for $40.
    I have wanted to try one for years but I didn't want to pay $150+.
    After trying this one, I almost wish I had paid that much years ago.
    I might have saved myself a lot of suffering with a stiff/sore back.
    Be careful.
    My wife's brother has one, and some years back she tried it out and hung fully upside and hurt her back.
    She had to go to a chiropractor and was in some pain for a time, but she's OK now.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    The key to the inversion table is using it :)

In my years of impoverished youth, I saved for several months and got one as a present for my Dad, who suffers from back pain. A fancy one from Costco, with all the bells and whistles.
    It sits in the middle of his living room, probably used three times total. Mom uses it to hang-dry clothes, so I guess it’s not a total waste.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I like mine and use it most when I have really buggered things up. But honestly, for treatment of sore back/muscle strain/pinched nerves I would rather have a TENS device. (I am not a doctor disclaimer, just relaying personal experience.)

A lot cheaper, much easier to store and pretty effective. The key is use, but not over-use. Combined with 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off ice-pack cycles it takes care of a lot of things.

...just trying to participate in something non-controversial around here for a while. Best of luck to you with your inversion table experience!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know a couple of people that use them and swear by them. Been wanting to try one myself.

The key to the inversion table is using it :)

In my years of impoverished youth, I saved for several months and got one as a present for my Dad, who suffers from back pain. A fancy one from Costco, with all the bells and whistles.
    It sits in the middle of his living room, probably used three times total. Mom uses it to hang-dry clothes, so I guess it’s not a total waste.
    Sounds a lot like several people I know treadmills.

I like mine and use it most when I have really buggered things up. But honestly, for treatment of sore back/muscle strain/pinched nerves I would rather have a TENS device. (I am not a doctor disclaimer, just relaying personal experience.)

A lot cheaper, much easier to store and pretty effective. The key is use, but not over-use. Combined with 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off ice-pack cycles it takes care of a lot of things.

...just trying to participate in something non-controversial around here for a while. Best of luck to you with your inversion table experience!
    I used one for a while, it was the Icyhot one. And yes they do work, when I was makin bacon at a hog processor after 8-10 hrs of pushing 1-2k lbs of bacon around all day when I got home I could barely get out of the car. 15 minutes with that and my back felt like new.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like me. I have always wanted to try one out, but I am too cheap to buy something that I don't know I will get any benefit from.

Top Bottom