• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for all the input spent the day looking and in the end came home with a S&W CORE 40. I already had some mags and it just felt better in my hand than the Glock. so this round S&W wins. Still may end up with a 34 yet who knows.

If you already had extra mags that makes sense. Mags can get expensive. Plus if you have another M&P it will share holsters. They make 9mm conversion barrels for the 40 cal Smiths as well.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    If you already had extra mags that makes sense. Mags can get expensive. Plus if you have another M&P it will share holsters. They make 9mm conversion barrels for the 40 cal Smiths as well.

Yep Storm lake is on order for it. Next up is the Apex comp trigger this will be a competition gun only used on the range.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Gen 4 35 with the milled area for a red dot. The main reason for the 35 over the 34 is I can swap barrels and go between 40 and 9.

what kind of competition? G35 has it's place, but not necessarily how you seem to want to use it.
    My suggestion for anyone looking to get into the shooting sports is bring what you have, shoot a couple matches, THEN buy gear that fits your goals.

I use a G35 for USPSA Limited division. It can be used for Production, but not with a caliber conversion. You can use a dot in Carry Optics, but again, not with a caliber change. You can also use a dot in Open, and a caliber change to 9mm, but it'll take a lot more $ to even begin to make it competitive (and I've never really seen a competitive/reliable Glock open gun).

-rvb

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    My suggestion for anyone looking to get into the shooting sports is bring what you have, shoot a couple matches, THEN buy gear that fits your goals.

I use a G35 for USPSA Limited division. It can be used for Production, but not with a caliber conversion. You can use a dot in Carry Optics, but again, not with a caliber change. You can also use a dot in Open, and a caliber change to 9mm, but it'll take a lot more $ to even begin to make it competitive (and I've never really seen a competitive/reliable Glock open gun).

-rvb[/QUOTE]

RVB is correct, great advice!!

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    what kind of competition? G35 has it's place, but not necessarily how you seem to want to use it.

-rvb

I did some research and found this out. I ended up with a Smith Core while I don't plan on putting optics on the gun right now I wanted the option. Most of my hand guns are compacts so I wanted a longer sight plane that is where the G35 came in. I ordered a conversion barrel and while I know I will have to go up in class I can run it for steels and some local shooting with the 9mm. I think the Smith will work for me now. I wanted to buy a gun that could be a good range gun as well as something that I could use in a competition. I like the longer sight radius. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom