INGO PSA- Canker sore sufferers- Dentist turned me on to 'Debacterol'.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I've been a long time sufferer of canker sores. If you get them, you know what I'm talking about. For me, its been a life long battle. Tried vitamins, changes in diet, etc. I finally settled on a old-school treatment of using copper sulfate as an astringent. Basically, use the copper sulfate to do a chemical burn to help in healing. It works but takes a few treatments to get them to heal.

Over the years I've discussed with my Dentist canker sores a few times as he also gets them.

About a year ago he gave me a sample single use pack of Debacterol in a Q-tip type applicator. I chuckled but he said try it when you get an outbreak. I forgot about it...

A few weeks ago, I had a dental cleaning scheduled... Just so happened at that time, I had a particularly painful canker sore. He said, hang on, I want you to try this... OK lets give it a go. Yowza!!! Talk about sting for about 5 seconds. But once I rinsed, no more pain. The fantastic thing is it didn't hurt any longer and healed up in a few days.

I have no affiliation with Debacterol. Read the reviews of how people are amazed with the relief it provides.

Do yourself a favor and warm up the google machine and search for yourself.

Thats all. YMMV and all that.

:ingo:

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    I've had canker sores for 50+ years. I eat really spicy foods. I eat hot Chinese peppers with bananas, pears, that's how much hot pepper I use. Then I'd get awful canker sores. The good thing is that hot peppers contain so much vitamin C. I haven't gotten a cold in 20 years. I've tried everything to heal these canker sores when I get them. For the past 10 years, I said heck with it, I just mix salt with some lemon juice and dab the sores with the mixture. It stings pretty badly for about 3 minutes but it disinfects really well and numbs them. Then they just heal in a day. Crazy huh ? But it works for me.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    ... And of course it's Rx only. *sigh*

I haven't had a real ulcerated canker sore in a while. But my daughter just had one that lasted a few weeks. It was on her gums behind her bottom lip. Painful sucker.

Me? I get "fever blisters" / cold sores on my mouth sometimes. (Thanks, mom). There's dope they sell to help shorten them - but that crap's expensive. Like $10+ for 0.07 oz.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I get them occasionally. Much less lately since I cut my carb intake. A thing that has always helped me greatly reduce the duration of them:
    Using a piece of gauze or wash rag and debride the white tissue in the middle of the sore
    Wet my finger tip and dip it in some salt to coat.
    Hold it against the sore. This hurts like hell.
    After a day or two it's still there but doesn't hurt nearly as much and another day or two it's gone.

Top Bottom