• ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nope. Different issue.

Go pick up your truck. I would suggest junior stay at your place and not be around. That way there's no confusion.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Here's what I would do...

Have someone drive me over to my truck. Hop into truck, and go.
    Thats the plan now. My buddy is headed over in a few since there have a no-trespassing order on Mrs.BRC (their own friggin daughter).

I’m a prick, so I’d give a nice honk and wave as I drove off. But that’s just me.
    Oh absolutely.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I actually had a similar experience. My son's girlfriend had her car parked at her ex-boyfriend's house. He said she couldn't have it. He even went so far as to disable the vehicle. I simply had her call a tow truck. Then she called the police, explained that she wanted her car but her ex-boyfriend was threatening her. They met up with the tow truck, checked her title, and told the ex-boyfriend to go back into his house.

She quickly became my son's ex-girlfriend because she was insane, but anyway...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I actually had a similar experience. My son's girlfriend had her car parked at her ex-boyfriend's house. He said she couldn't have it. He even went so far as to disable the vehicle. I simply had her call a tow truck. Then she called the police, explained that she wanted her car but her ex-boyfriend was threatening her. They met up with the tow truck, checked her title, and told the ex-boyfriend to go back into his house.

She quickly became my son's ex-girlfriend because she was insane, but anyway...
    Did she live in Vegas?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You could contact the local PD and show them you have the title and the people who have the truck at not on it. I would have them present when you retrieve the vehicle so it isn't your word against theirs if there were some sort of accusations against you. I went through something similar with my son and his aunt and uncle who had cosigned on his vehicle for him against my wishes. I had a state trooper present when we went to retrieve his belongings from the car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I were younger what I would do is a bit more involved then some of the ideas in this thread and there would be pain involved. But that was just me then. Having had to retrieve vehicles for my sisters from relationships gone bad in the past I had some practice at this. The most fun was getting the oldest sisters TV/Stereo back from the douche nozzle she let move in with her and he moved out while she was at work taking all her stuff. Turns out he had some warrants so LEO was not going to be involved at least by him so a couple of good friends from the local Sons chapter and I found him and retrieved her property before he hocked it.

People. Ugh.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So long story short i have grade A POS in-laws that kicked their 17 year old son out yesterday. The kid is a workin fool and paid for his own truck and will be staying with me and the Mrs. until hes 18 and can get his own place. His parents are trying to say HE cant take his truck, and the local cops wont let him take it. The BIL and I are co-owners, its on my insurance, and the In-Laws said theyre going to scrap it.

My question is can i just go take it since i legally own it? Id hate to see the kid lose his truck that he paid for (thats why im a co-owner instead of his parents) but they are his legal guardians so i dont know if in a round about they own it too?

Also can they get in trouble for kicking him out? Id secretly love to see them in trouble and there’s a zero percent chance they would pass a drug test or a cps visit since their house was half burnt down and is now full of mold.

FWIW, this may be a question better suited for an attorney than a leo.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Yeah i have a county officer meeting me in their town to go get it. Knowing the inlaws they would do whatever they could to stop me from taking it. Also theres a 50/50 chance they’ve vandalized it since last night. They’re extremely petty and spiteful people.
    If I were younger what I would do is a bit more involved then some of the ideas in this thread and there would be pain involved. But that was just me then. Having had to retrieve vehicles for my sisters from relationships gone bad in the past I had some practice at this. The most fun was getting the oldest sisters TV/Stereo back from the douche nozzle she let move in with her and he moved out while she was at work taking all her stuff. Turns out he had some warrants so LEO was not going to be involved at least by him so a couple of good friends from the local Sons chapter and I found him and retrieved her property before he hocked it.

People. Ugh.
    In my ripe old age of 27 i just want as little bs as possible. If they were actually the “HaRd A*SeD eX-CoNs” they claimed to be and didn’t involve the police i would thing about handling it differently. But they’ve called them twice since last night.
    Have gun.
    Will travel.
    Have a Kimber in my pocket. Will stay there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom