• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I would never do what I did with real money, (at least the last part).

However I did buy some stocks that I also used in the game early on and they paid off great. I never would have looked at them stocks if it wasn't for this game.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Here is a link to the new game. That last game was a big help, learned quite a bit from you guys. Glad we ended up making it public...a guy never stops learning. Sure miss Pudly........

www.marke****ch.com/game/ingo---fun-money

EDIT: I am having problems getting the link to work because of big brother protecting us.

www.market watch.com/game/
    ingo---fun-money

Remove space between market and watch.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone here ever buy options with real money?

Not I. And unless you get real serious about it, I think it would be quite risky.

These days I don't ever even short sale because all my money is in non-marginable accounts (Roth IRA).

ETA:
    If you are considering this, I believe TDAmeritrade has the best tools for it. With Thinkorswim you can run simulations with "paper money" and test out strategies without the pain of failure.

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Not I. And unless you get real serious about it, I think it would be quite risky.

These days I don't ever even short sale because all my money is in non-marginable accounts (Roth IRA).

ETA:
    If you are considering this, I believe TDAmeritrade has the best tools for it. With Thinkorswim you can run simulations with "paper money" and test out strategies without the pain of failure.

TDAmeritrade is where all my accounts are and all our money is in Roth IRA's as well....but I am margin enabled as well as options. I am just afraid to try it without some leadership from an experienced options trader, to be honest, I don't even trust my brokers answers. Something I don't understand, is Thinkorswim always wants me to "straddle" where I buy some options and sell other options....which I understand buying options a little but I have no clue how to write and sell options or what the outcome to doing so could be.

I have a stock I have been messing with that I would like to have some options on it. It is $15-16 now and I think it will it will run up. I can buy $17.50 call options for July that are only .25-.30 each. If I buy 10 contracts that gives me the option for 1000 shares for $250-300 premium cost. Now let's say that stock pops to $20 next month, what happens? Can I exercise that option anytime before the expiration date, for example if it goes to $20 can I exercise option at 17.50 for $17,500, sell the shares for $20,000.......for a profit of $2500 minus $250/$300 premium minus commissions to get a profit of around $2000. Does that sound kind of correct or do you have any idea?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    TDAmeritrade is where all my accounts are and all our money is in Roth IRA's as well....but I am margin enabled as well as options. I am just afraid to try it without some leadership from an experienced options trader, to be honest, I don't even trust my brokers answers. Something I don't understand, is Thinkorswim always wants me to "straddle" where I buy some options and sell other options....which I understand buying options a little but I have no clue how to write and sell options or what the outcome to doing so could be.

I have a stock I have been messing with that I would like to have some options on it. It is $15-16 now and I think it will it will run up. I can buy $17.50 call options for July that are only .25-.30 each. If I buy 10 contracts that gives me the option for 1000 shares for $250-300 premium cost. Now let's say that stock pops to $20 next month, what happens? Can I exercise that option anytime before the expiration date, for example if it goes to $20 can I exercise option at 17.50 for $17,500, sell the shares for $20,000.......for a profit of $2500 minus $250/$300 premium minus commissions to get a profit of around $2000. Does that sound kind of correct or do you have any idea?

No experience, so I can't answer.

Top Bottom