• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I changed it. lol, this is interesting. I agree though, very cool learning tool. Pudly, SH is the only thing you have I have ever heard of. I just hope we don't make Nick angry......that guy knows his stuff. He knows when to hold and when to fold......unlike me.

Looking at transactions definitely show what went wrong and right. I have learned once again to set stop losses......:(

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Not sure if I will have the time to keep up with a game portfolio since life and my real portfolio keep me fairly busy. Bought KMI, FCX, and UWTI last week. This week has been pretty nice.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Oil is making a comeback. Almost out of the red.

FWIW, some of the stories under the ranking board about whats hot & not have been helpful to me. The one bio med I bought was because of an article and it's doing me well.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I was wondering who Miller Time was :) This week I left a fortune on the table, in the game and in real life. Worst week of trading I have ever had, as far as missing trades, selling too quick and being flat scared. I had some awesome picks...S, CHK, SUNE, SWN, HURC........and SDRL was the biggest heart breaker. I had that stock pegged in my real account this week at $2 a share.......what a whack that could have been, 300% in 1 week! Then I tried shorting it today at $6.75 and it blew past my sell and never filled, then fell so quick I didnt get it long or short....I know it was all the short covering going on, but man it scared me off.

This market is all screwed up right now. All these short covers in energy, I got a feeling we are setting ourselves up for a hard fall. I would love to enter the market with some fresh cash.....but I am staying cash until I see what happens. I sure hate missing this run though. But what good is 10-15% now if you lose it in 2 weeks. Time will tell.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It's a really fun game to play & learn from. I find myself checking my phone several times a day, some times grinning from ear to ear, and other times cursing myself. :)

Thanks for starting this Randy, it's a lot of fun. :yesway:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    It's a really fun game to play & learn from. I find myself checking my phone several times a day, some times grinning from ear to ear, and other times cursing myself. :)

Thanks for starting this Randy, it's a lot of fun. :yesway:

You're welcome....it is quite addicting.

On another note. Anyone know if you buy a stock with a dividend ex date of 3-10, and you buy it on the 3-10......do you get the dividend? I been looking at WMB. I thought ex date was 3-11 but see it is 3-10. Just wondering if I can still buy for this dividend?
    Thanks

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Has anyone experienced a 15 min delay when buying or selling a stock in the game? Two times in the last two weeks on BTU it always delayed me 15 min when I bought & sold the stock, all the other trades I've made went through as soon as I hit the buy or sale button.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Has anyone experienced a 15 min delay when buying or selling a stock in the game? Two times in the last two weeks on BTU it always delayed me 15 min when I bought & sold the stock, all the other trades I've made went through as soon as I hit the buy or sale button.

Yes I have experienced it with some of the stocks I've traded. Very few of them have done it. Berkshire Hathway did it BRK.B, as well as Broke out, BRKO.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Think I need to give up on trying to day trade.... :xmad:

[video=youtube;gH476CxJxfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg[/video]

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

I have found that if I try to buy 10,000+ shares it delays me on low volume stocks. I think it has to do with the order not filling until, for example, 10,000 shares have traded at your purchase price. It seems to work better if I place several 5,000 share orders. I got hosed pretty hard in the first days trying to day trade 15,000-25,000 shares.....I was trying to just day trade large quantity for small gain, like a penny or 2....well, that's hard to do with the delay.

This market has had me too scared to buy into anything in real life....I am sitting all cash looking like a donkey. You guys know the story about the donkey who had a stack of hay to the left and an exact stack to the right....it couldnt decide which bale to eat....so it starved to death! That be me through this rally.........

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Think I need to give up on trying to day trade.... :xmad:

[video=youtube;gH476CxJxfg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg[/video]

I was trying to figure out how you lost that much....never really seen what went wrong. I am in the same boat on Sprint and General Steel.......just hoping they come back before I get inpatient and dump for loss.

Top Bottom