• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I am at the stage where I am ready to put up an antenna tower. does anyone know of a place in within the Terre Haute, Lafayette, Indianapolis triangle that sells tower sections?

Have you tried local HAM Radio clubs? Most counties have them

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I am at the stage where I am ready to put up an antenna tower. does anyone know of a place in within the Terre Haute, Lafayette, Indianapolis triangle that sells tower sections?
    I bought one a few years ago from guy in Noblesville that refurbishes them, I can't find him on craigslist anymore but I checked FB marketplace and found quite a few for sale all around, just depends what you want.
    The guy in Noblesville is N9RAB Jerry. Maybe someone on here knows him? Super guy to deal with.
    EDIT: you can google his call and find him. Not sure if he still trades in towers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone looking for a new, barely used Yaesu FTDX-1200 with the FFT-1 Upgrade card installed? (RTTY/PSK31 and CW Decode/auto zero, and additional scope displays)

I bought one last december after passing my General, but never really got into HF. It has sat on my bench for the last several months never even powered up. Starting to think about posting it up on eBay. Is like new back in the factory box now.

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Anyone looking for a new, barely used Yaesu FTDX-1200 with the FFT-1 Upgrade card installed? (RTTY/PSK31 and CW Decode/auto zero, and additional scope displays)

I bought one last december after passing my General, but never really got into HF. It has sat on my bench for the last several months never even powered up. Starting to think about posting it up on eBay. Is like new back in the factory box now.

What kind of price you looking at????

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What kind of price you looking at????

Looks like they are going for around 800 without the card. (those are going for $110)

I'd do 800 and include the card for free just so I can move on. (Also open to suggestions)

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Thanks for the response. Thats a bit more than I would be willing to stick into one. I have a few HF rigs and only buy now when I can get at firesale prices to try and flip. Just not enough meat on the bone on that one although the 1200 would make a fine rig for somebody.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    ‘Twas a very merry hammy Christmas for me. Some time before Thanksgiving my HF radio started to die (I think something in the power supply, maybe a regulator. I will open it up when I have time...). So anyone that asked what I wanted for Christmas I told them DXEngineering gift cards.

I put them towards a new Kenwood TS-590SG. Absolutely loving this radio so far.

i also picked up an RTL-SDR which I am feeding from the RXout of the radio. So the PC gives me the spectrum display / waterfall of a panadapter, which is really the only thing missing from the 590..... only this is better because it’s like having dual receivers! I can "spin around" on the SDR software to look/listen for something I want to work while actually working something on the radio.

finally, before Christmas I picked up an Ameritron 811H that was <2yrs old for about 1/2 the price of a new one from a fellow ham near Indy.

so now I have basically a whole new shack that I’m enjoying getting set up, and I didn’t have to totally break the bank to do it. First two contacts with the 590 were Samoa islands via FT8 and France on SSB. So much capability in this 590 over my nearly 30 year old yeasu FT890.

if only Santa would have brought me more spare TIME!

-rvb

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Hamfest Alert- THERE IS NO GUN SHOW THIS YEAR

The Hendricks County Hamfest (formerly known as the Browsnburg Hamfest) will be held on February 8th beginning at 8AM EST and ending at 1PM EST.

NEW LOCATION
    Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Center
    1900 E Main St
    Danville IN 46112

Admission: $5 at the door

VE TESTING STARTS AT 10AM, ends at NOON SHARP. There is no fee for testing.

Table Info
    Vendor tables are $10 each. One free table for non-commercial vendors with paid admission. Commercial vendor is defined as a business that buys goods directly from manufacturers or wholesale suppliers at a volume discount and then marks them up in price for sale to end consumers. Additional tables are $10 each.

Tables are 8 ft. long.

Electricity is available (limited) for $5. Please indicate in your reservation if electricity is required. You will need to provide your own extension cords. Cords will need to be arranged as to not cause a tripping hazard or cross walkways.

Reservation of tables through the clubs email (hcars46122@gmail.com) by Friday Feb 7 2020 at 6:00
    PM is highly recommended.

Free tables are on a first come basis and reservations are required. Availability of tables not guaranteed.

A no show by 7:30 AM on the day of the hamfest releases your table reservation.

Vendor set up is 3:00 to 7:00 pm Friday and 6:00 to 8:00 am Saturday.

Last edited:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Slightly off thread but has anyone heard anything about the Columbus hamfest. Is it still a go or a victim of the dreaded virus???? The CARC website terribly out of date and no mention of anything.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Slightly off thread but has anyone heard anything about the Columbus hamfest. Is it still a go or a victim of the dreaded virus???? The CARC website terribly out of date and no mention of anything.

I’ve not found anything at this point to say it is cancelled. The Wabash Valley hamfest in Brazil IN has been cancelled. It’s a few weeks out so they are probably playing the wait and see game.

I did see that Johnson’s Co. Fairgrounds have cancelled all events until May 2. That’s just one county north of Columbus.
    Matt

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I’ve not found anything at this point to say it is cancelled. The Wabash Valley hamfest in Brazil IN has been cancelled. It’s a few weeks out so they are probably playing the wait and see game.

I did see that Johnson’s Co. Fairgrounds have cancelled all events until May 2. That’s just one county north of Columbus.
    Matt

I think you have to expect that any conventions or large meetings in the next, say, 30-60 days will be cancelled.

Top Bottom