• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I do all that. :yesway:

The marketing from those supplement companies will make you believe that you can't lose weight, or gain muscle, without taking their pruducts.
    But they are not magic.
    1 gram of protein from a fancy protein powder will have the same result as 1 gram of protein from natural sources (egg, chicken, milk etc).

And I don't like the idea of "taking" supplements.
    You take drugs.You eat food.

You don't take caffeine, you drink coffee.

I think maybe I am showing my lack of writing skills here. I was directing anything at you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wednesday=martial arts in the PM (2 man drills, stick fighting-double and single, etc.)

Thursday=martial arts in the AM (punches, wooden man); circuit training in the PM (40 minutes of burpees, hindus, tah dahs, crawl out, with a 30 second medicine ball toss in between)

I am happy to announce that our club is moving to downtown Lafayette in the 600 block of Main Street. We will soon have a public face.:D

Effective Monday, August 28, 2017, Indiana Wing Chun is now at 658 Main Street, Suite 216, Lafayette, Indiana 47901. It may smell like paint and sawdust but we are here and ready to train.

Get trained up, INGO!

Biography of Sifu Williams, Wing Chun training times and cost

Last edited:

GlockDoc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Henry
    I started into the gym about 5 weeks ago. All i've really been doing is lifting weights. How important is cardio to a weight loss goal?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I started into the gym about 5 weeks ago. All i've really been doing is lifting weights. How important is cardio to a weight loss goal?
    Well, you cannot out work a crappy diet. Soooo, what you eat is way more important than what your workout is. Having said that, cardio is important to overall health and is good for helping weight loss. I rate getting stronger as more important than having a good gastank.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well, you cannot out work a crappy diet. Soooo, what you eat is way more important than what your workout is. Having said that, cardio is important to overall health and is good for helping weight loss. I rate getting stronger as more important than having a good gastank.

This!
    You lose weight in the kitchen, not at the gym.

Some of the best tips for weight loss ...

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE

watch

[video=youtube;3FGee4kQHEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGee4kQHEY&t=289s[/video]

Just simple common sense stuff.
    You should already be doing all that before you start lifting weight.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This!
    You lose weight in the kitchen, not at the gym.

Some of the best tips for weight loss ...

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE

watch

[video=youtube;3FGee4kQHEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FGee4kQHEY&t=289s[/video]

Just simple common sense stuff.
    You should already be doing all that before you start lifting weight.

This is some of the most easy to understand, cut through the crap dialogue on eating right I have ever heard. In my opinion he hits it right on the head!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Last Friday, a week ago, I was in Los Angeles competing in the World Police and Fire Games. I competed in submission grappling 40-50yrs old 200-299.9lbs. This is what I train 4-5 days a week doing. Beat a Russian Police officer my first match then a policer officer from Spain. Submitted both with chokes and took gold. The Russian bruised my rib for my trouble but it was worth it.

pbyVqnS.jpg

USA, USA, USA! Way to go bro.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is official. My martial arts club has public space and since Monday has been training at 658 Main Street, Suite 216, Lafayette (across from the Frontier building).

Right now it smells like paint and sawdust after we painted and put the mooks up but we are training.

AM--5:30 to 7:30 (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs), Saturday is 7:30 to 9:30AM

PM--5:30 to 7:30 (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs)

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Quick little workout last night, I liked this one. Pull-ups actually felt decent for the first time in a while.

4 rounds, 1 minute rest between
    10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
    15 box jumps (24")
    21 air squats
    30 double unders.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thursday, 8/31:

AM: Wing Chun at the new downtown kwoon. I just did a bunch of swords and the empty hand forms while new guys did their thing.

PM: Heavy rope, reverse caber toss, battle ropes and sledgehammer on tire. 1 minute, 12 times around for 48 minutes of fun . . . or stroke, but mostly fun . . . I think . . . one side is kinda of numb.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Went to OrthoIndy. I couldn't stand the pain in my knee anymore. They gave me a knee brace to try out. The pain has gotten a lot better. I'm only using the knee brace when I work out now.

The other day, I figured I'd give creatine a try. Been on it for 2 days, and it has made me very thirsty.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Finally broke in the garage gym last night. Did some back squats and a fun little couplet of 60# sandbag clean over shoulder & double unders. Still some gaps in equipment to fill, but definitely nice to have at-home options.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Went to OrthoIndy. I couldn't stand the pain in my knee anymore. They gave me a knee brace to try out. The pain has gotten a lot better. I'm only using the knee brace when I work out now.

The other day, I figured I'd give creatine a try. Been on it for 2 days, and it has made me very thirsty.

Creatine will do that. Even if you normally drink a lot of water (like I do), you need to increase your intake. My lips get parched and my skin dries out. I just started about 3-4 weeks ago.

Haven't been able to "test" it out in the gym yet since I'm still letting my broken rib heal. :(

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Continued forward progress on my 5x5 workouts. Failed on squats the other day but was able to power through the following workout. Weights are getting challenging for all moves.

I ended up buying one of those heavy ropes to work into my workouts on occasion. Basement gym is pretty well supplied at this point. Could use some bumper plates but don't want to spend the money. I have plenty of steel plates.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Been rock climbing (okay just in the gym) for about 2 months now. I have progressed up to being able to send most V4s and project the V5s. Which I am quite pleased with. I know this is where I will plateau for a while. I have been really working on stamina and strength (one day I think I did 1000 vertical feet in an hour, which is about once up the wall every 3 minutes).

It definitely feels good to be back climbing again after 13 years.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Finally broke in the garage gym last night. Did some back squats and a fun little couplet of 60# sandbag clean over shoulder & double unders. Still some gaps in equipment to fill, but definitely nice to have at-home options.

I love my garage gym. I do weights and incorporate resistance bands and have a mat on the floor for ab exercises. It's cool because I have 3 different stations for the bands. Even though I have a garage heater trying to figure out what to do this winter when the cars get sloppy from the snow. Would love to have one of those Bowflex xtreme machines in my downstairs family room.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: martial arts training at home.

Saturday: Martial arts in AM. Had to teach so had to miss yoga . . . paying for it.

Sunday: morning martial arts work out and then hill running in PM.

Kirk during circle sparring, action shot:

21432945_1924464397824095_7933407422875938476_n.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Woah, you look tough and stuff.

you should grapple Denny :):

i was doing well and did a walk-jog 3 miles outside a week ago Friday. Then got a nasty cold and bronchospasm/sinus crap. Still getting over it.

did some jogging, burpees, single leg squats, jumping pull ups, and KB swings. Otherwise known as crossfit hero workout Schmalls. I only did one round of work and it took me 40 mins. Need to push through

Top Bottom