• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did tripodial and a bunch of long pole stuff, including fighting hanging logs. Some real Shaolin stuff this morning.:D

Going to bike the hill this afternoon.

I thought I saw a pic of you once, it must have been before you started working out.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Tonight didn't look bad, I was wrong!

Strength:
    Push press + Push jerk
    Build to 1 RM

WOD
    3 TNG Snatch @60%
    6 pull ups
    9 air squats
    3 min on // 1 minute off
    4 Rounds

Check Out:
    Overhead good mornings
    Ski - 5cal
    Bottoms up KBs

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Got the rest of my rack in yesterday and finished assembling it. Man this thing is stout, no worries about it taking weight yet it's not too difficult to move around. Powdercoat and welding are not pretty but it'll function just fine I think. Looking forward to getting some more squat and bench volume in at home, and having the option to do some workouts as well. I'm also happy with the pull-up bar mount.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone doing mainly callisthenics/bodyweight training?

Me, the tabatas, circuits, and yoga are all bodyweight.

I just need to run more as it is the only thing that keeps off the lbs.

When I was young I wanted to be "the big guy" now that I am old(er) I just want to be "the healthy guy".

Sunday: biked the hill. 45 minutes of riding up and down a deep and steep hill in Lafayette. I rode it in 16th gear, great for me. (Some guys use the gears, I pick one and ride it).

Monday: truncated martial arts workout as my teacher had an ill relative, I should have run or jumped rope but I had friends from Chicago driving down for gun school that I met with.

Tuesday: Circuit training. Don't know which one yet.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Probably my shortest workout since I started doing CrossFit. 3:40. 1000 meter row. Still hurt.:)
    Wait till you do a max effort 500m. Holy ouch. Our gym used to do a test workout that was 2 max effort 500m rows w/ 90 seconds of rest between. Took me an hour to recover enough to drive home it was so bad.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wait till you do a max effort 500m. Holy ouch. Our gym used to do a test workout that was 2 max effort 500m rows w/ 90 seconds of rest between. Took me an hour to recover enough to drive home it was so bad.

Yeah, I can imagine. I thought I could go all out for less than 4 minutes. After all, you can do anything for 4 minutes, right? Wrong! I started out hard but in the middle of the distance I waned a little, dropped down to about 1:57 pace and then dug in for the last 200 meters to try to make up some time. This was the pre-test for our next cycle. It will be interesting to see how I do in 8 weeks when we retest.

Top Bottom