• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This will sound pretty lame, but doing something is better than nothing. I have lost 45 pounds just on diet alone so far. Down to 232. 220 is my goal for now. Past 3 weeks I have been doing "couch workouts". Bi's, tri's, Schwarzeneggers, forearms, and chest presses. Just trying to do something.

And when the heck did weights go from 50 cents a pound to a dollar a pound???

I buy all of mine at second hand stores, usually about 25 cents a pound or less, but steel plates are like hens teeth amymore.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    What rack did you end up with? I just got a cheap one but it seems good enough for what I need.

This squat rack - https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-racks/x-3-racks/x-3-squat-stand-w-pull-up-bar-spotter-arms.html

And this pull-up rig - https://www.titan.fitness/gym-equipment/pull-up-bars/mounted/wall-mounted-pull-up-bar.html

Appears to be very similar to Rouge stuff. The reviews of their equipment that I could find led me to believe the quality was enough for home use but not near the level of Rouge. Should have it all by early next week, I'll post some initial thoughts here then.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    This squat rack - https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-racks/x-3-racks/x-3-squat-stand-w-pull-up-bar-spotter-arms.html

And this pull-up rig - https://www.titan.fitness/gym-equipment/pull-up-bars/mounted/wall-mounted-pull-up-bar.html

Appears to be very similar to Rouge stuff. The reviews of their equipment that I could find led me to believe the quality was enough for home use but not near the level of Rouge. Should have it all by early next week, I'll post some initial thoughts here then.

I went with this one. Tough to beat for the price and is adequate for my needs for the foreseeable future.

https://smile.amazon.com/FITNESS-RE...d=1501167650&sr=1-2&keywords=squat+power+cage

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    :yesway: Nice, looks like it. I decided I wanted the ability to do pull ups and squat/bench at the same time during a workout. For me, a wall mount rig or power rack wouldn't have enough room for kipping pull-ups with a bar racked.

I already had a ceiling mounted pullup bar so it wasn't a factor for me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Circuit tonight:

Bag burpees X10

Crawl outs X10

Jump rope 1 minute

Ten times around. Did not drink enough water through the day and cramped up but I finished.

Tomorrow stretch for an hour (I am old, deal with it) then sword and mook drills.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Tonight:

Benchpress Pyramids Up & Back Down, w/ Leg Lifts between sets.
    WOD:
    3 rounds:
    10 Deadlifts @ 205
    10 Burpees over Bar
    15 hanging knee raises

Finished with some OH Squat practice, finished with a few Cleans to Overhead to Front Squats.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Made it to gym again today. I did 4-3-2-1 rounds of scaled Cindy (3-6-9) with a 150m farmer carry after each set. 53# each arm.

been lazy x 2 months but still got 30 pull ups in. Last three were a struggle to hold the bar

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Friday, 5 miles on stationary bike to get my myscled hot. All lower body and ab machines 12 reps 3 sets very close or to failure. Steam room 7 minutes, Pool for 45 minutes, spa 10 minutes. Worn out!

Thursday, Upper body to failure, over did it and my R shlolder popped again. I am supposed to be fixing myself not making it worse. need to back off a tad.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Four days in a row. Proud of myself after two months of fat laziness.

did 30 min walk/jog in treadmill. Walked an eighth at 3.7, jogged an eighth at 5.5. Covered about 2.2 miles.

If I could get diet right I could work on the weight too. But date night last night and wife's HS reunion tonight mean caloric trouble :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    AM: I did swords, long pole, tripodial and elbow strikes. My over the top elbow needs work. Have to drill it more.

PM: Yoga. Nice overall stretch with focus on hips and lower back. Did the bricks today which was nice. My back feels 15 years younger.

Top Bottom