• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Side note: we are looking at ordering a "Club Fit" which is slightly more relaxed than those styles of jerseys that are geared toward the i-do-this-for-a-living type racer. Don't get me wrong, it's still a snug up-against-your-skin fit, it just won't suck you in if you're slightly out of shape. :)

If you're near Indy, Lars tells me the ones we're looking at ordering fit just like the classic cycling jersey sold at Performance Bike (Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.) in Castleton.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I usually wear an XL t-shirt. I fit into a large, but that's snug. the XL doesn't fit me like a drape.

Wearing an XL Club Fit Jersey splits the difference between a L and an XL t-shirt. (it's designed to be tight, in part to help wick sweat away from the body, something it can't do if it's too loose.)

The Race Fit Jerseys in size XL fit me like a size L t-shirt.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I really want to learn how to ride this year. I need o take my bike it to make sure it's the right size AND get some of those cushioned riding shorts.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I really want to learn how to ride this year. I need o take my bike it to make sure it's the right size AND get some of those cushioned riding shorts.

I dunno if I could wear those tight shorts.

I bought a Diamond Back road bike at Dicks last summer. From what I've read and been told, it's the right size. I definitely need to get better at this.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Put me down for one.

I'm in for some weekend rides. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Do you have to wash these special? Are they easy to shrink?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    lovemachine46147 I've got you down on the original list.

As for the padded shorts, you can get bicycle shorts that look like normal "Board shorts". They're usually sold as Mountain Bike Shorts.

IE:
    camo_front_250.gif

Mountain bike shorts, Loose casual fit cycling short for mountain biking - atb mtb padded bike short, bicycle touring

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Having a Custom Jersey made, including custom fabric, would be extremely cost prohibitive. I think something like a Keltec, Glock 26, or small revolver in a pocket holster would work in the jersey pocket. But I don't know for sure.

I wanted the INGO jersey to stand apart from normal bike jerseys. So when Pami designed the artwork, we opted to go with with INGO site colors. :)

Does this mean you're in for one ZogLog?

I have been carrying for 10+ years on the bike and I have not found any handgun that works in the jersey pockets. The jersey is so elastic that if you carry in either of the outside pocket it twists the whole jersey and the center pocket is not convenient to reach. The other issue is sweat. If you do not religiously clean your handgun after every ride it will rust. I ended up with an elastic belly band holster and a S&W 642. I do not conceal it and I do seem to get more space from the people who notice it.

I am not in on the buy. I have too many jerseys already thanks to a team that changes design every year and requires the new kit for membership.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    How soon do you need confirmation to place the order? I may be interested in one but need some time to scrape the $ together...

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Put me down for one.

I'm in for some weekend rides. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Do you have to wash these special? Are they easy to shrink?

The jesreys dont shrink at all. I have a couple IUPUI ones that i wear constantly and they havent gotten any smaller. Now for washing you can just wash them normally like Zoglog said but its better to use a mild detergent and air dry them as it wont wear the fabric out as fast.

On to the CC you could possible fit a compact pistol into some of the mtb jesreys i have but not into the IUPUI ones that were custom done.

Also to Lars are these jesreys going to be full zip or partial? Also what company as a set of bibs would be nice and they also can be cheaper than the ones at performance bike, or atleast when we ordered at IUPUI from bikewear.
    I might be interested but wont be back to indianapolis for a while.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Also to Lars are these jesreys going to be full zip or partial? Also what company as a set of bibs would be nice and they also can be cheaper than the ones at performance bike, or atleast when we ordered at IUPUI from bikewear.
    I might be interested but wont be back to indianapolis for a while.
    They're partial zip. We're not ordering them through Performance Bike - it was a different company altogether - but the fit is just like the PB brand jerseys there. The company we're looking at also does custom bibs for a really reasonable price, and we were talking about making a design for one in case anyone else wanted one to match. (I just hadn't decided exactly how to design it yet).

Someone asked a while back what the status was on these, and TBH, the holdup is this: they require a 50% deposit to get started, and it has to be a minimum of 10 of the same item (and then we can add in onesie and twosie pieces). Lars & I thought we were going to be in a position to front that deposit, but things never work out the way you think they're going to. For those of you who confirmed that you wanted the jersey, would you be comfortable paying the 50% deposit to get the order going?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If we have to pay for it anyway, what's the difference? Just let me know what's needed and I'm in.

Top Bottom