Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have a tow strap in the Explorer too. Never used.

Maybe a review thread in the making, HA!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Does it really get that bad under the bridge? now I am concerned with just front wheel drive on my little hatchback... freezing rain to hit around 2pm :(

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If folks get stuck, my wrecker is only minutes away.

However, it is a LARGE truck, in fact too large to get back to the clubhouse. So, if we need it, I will only be able to winch folks from the bridge back to Crawfordsville Rd.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Sorry guys. Have to pass at the last minute. Have a sick child at home and my wife is under the weather too. Seeing how Tuesday is her birthday I need to stay and help here at the house. Hope you guys have a good time and that the road is ok for all.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was really kinda shocked at how small of a group we had compared to last time, and pretty much nobody was a first-timer. It was still nice to see everybody again, even though I didn't personally build anything.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thanks to all for bringing your tools and knowledge!
    Mark, don't fret, this was my first build and I appreciate the assistance from you and VUPDBlue.
    PS I found the problem with the grip... lol I am so ignorant... it was the rubber grip itself! (Not the spring or depth) The safety lever was rubbing against it. I shaved a little rubber off the side and now it snaps like it should!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Pretty good time. I helped a couple of guys build their lowers and taught Kimball a few new tricks. Didn't have time to take a lot of pictures but the ones I did are at AR Build Party - Photography by Dan Voils Fenway was there videotaping so I imagine he got a lot more coverage. Thanks to MCF&G for hosting it and VUPDblue for setting it up. Hopefully the weather will be better for the next one as well as parts availability. (BTW, Kimball made out like a bandit!)

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I was really kinda shocked at how small of a group we had compared to last time, and pretty much nobody was a first-timer. It was still nice to see everybody again, even though I didn't personally build anything.

It was definitely fewer people that I expected. I was, however, a complete first timer.

Many thanks to all who helped, especially Mr. Bobcat Steel himself (shameless plug).

Kimball, I intended to pay you for that set screw too and I spaced it. I'll buy ya a coke at the next 1500 or something.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I spent a lot of time looking for a dropped detent on the floor. It fell into the lower. DOH! :):

The PSA LPK and PSA lower went together great. No issues at all. I did put my trigger guard on backwards. I'll have to fix that.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ...even though I didn't personally build anything.

Umm... Pretty sure you were near 50% of my build. Especially when I was busy "fixing" the grip with a pocket knife (I will do some measuring tonight to see if the grip screw hole was really off or if it is a different part of the lower that is pushing the grip rearward).

Great time, smaller group, next time we need to have food, more people, and make "show off your built AR" part of the event.

That and food.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    techres...I was at your left hand thru much of the day. I have never seen the innermost parts of an AR & found the day useful. Thanks to all who answered my various questions.

Last edited:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Many thanks to all who helped, especially Mr. Bobcat Steel himself (shameless plug).

Kimball, I intended to pay you for that set screw too and I spaced it. I'll buy ya a coke at the next 1500 or something.

No problem. Never intended you to give me anything on that set screw...no worries!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom