• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I see groups that have adopted roads around INDY and here in Fishers. My understanding is the groups will make sure to keep the area clean for about a mile a couple of times a year. I think it would be cool if we had our own stretch of INGO road :ingo:

Thoughts?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I like the idea.

I think the only problem you will have is that people are so spread out. We would need a central location to ensure it is not just a few people keeping the road nice.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have no problem with volunteering to clean up an area. You can also adopt rivers now as well (usually only around road over passes). But I am down to help adopt a highway!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm down with that. Scutter's idea sounds great. Otherwise, there seems to be healthy showing of the Fisher's Mafia here.

Hey, another alternate: How about in relatively shady area of town? Signs of INGO adoption might actually keep crime down! ;)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    can we count the time towards our national service obligation?:D

but I digress, yeah it would be sweet to do but why stop at one we could coordinate through our MSG's and have a few adopted highways throughout the state.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It could be a great PR move.

But imagine if we were out in orange vests cleaning up the trash while OC'ing. Passers by might call in "prisoners with guns" to 911!! :laugh: :laugh:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting.....

If it's "local" to Indy...or not too far... Then I think I'd assist.

-J-

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Adopt a Highway ~ Open Carry Event

Wonder if this might be a good thing for us to try here in Indiana somewhere? This group in Minnesota did it, and it certainly is a friendly, non-threatening way to do an open carry that is VERY VISIBLE to the public. Possibly somewhere along I-94 in Lake County, or around/through Indianapolis on one of the interstates?

Indiana does have the Adopt a Highway program so groups can do this and I think they even put up a roadside sign if the group agrees to do it for multiple years. Might be nice advertising for FENWAY to have an InGunOwners.Com sign on a major highway!

Minn. group picks up road trash while packing heat

Oct 26 03:27 PM US/Eastern

MENDOTA HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) - Motorists in Mendota Heights might have seen a group of residents picking up trash while packing heat this weekend.

About a dozen people spent nearly three hours picking up litter Sunday along a 2-mile stretch of highway. All legally carried guns on their hips. It was the inaugural trash cleanup event for the group that calls itself the Minnesota Carry Permit Holders.

The Minnesota Department of Transportation said the group is legal, and it appreciates their efforts to keep the roadside clean.

The group members met online and decided to get together and do something good for the community.

One member is Jason Walberg, who collected trash with a semiautomatic handgun on his belt. He jokes their adopted highway is the safest stretch of road in the state

Top Bottom