• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I'd like to see the video surveillance. There seems to be plenty of grey area here at the moment.

Perhaps the deceased was trying to defend himself from an unlawful escalation of force.
    I'm sure if he'd explained that he just needed a ride to church everything would have worked out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can't protect mere property with lethal force, only life and limb. Unless the shooter can convincingly articulate a personal safety concern, such as driver swerved at him as he ran out, he's probably on the hook for some pled down version of the charge

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Can't protect mere property with lethal force, only life and limb. Unless the shooter can convincingly articulate a personal safety concern, such as driver swerved at him as he ran out, he's probably on the hook for some pled down version of the charge
    Move to Texas where deadly force is allowed after dark in defense of property (TX code section 9.42).

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd like to see the video surveillance. There seems to be plenty of grey area here at the moment.

Perhaps the deceased was trying to defend himself from an unlawful escalation of force.
    I'm sure if he'd explained that he just needed a ride to church everything would have worked out.

Not a lot of grey matter though. There's no excuse for shooting at someone in that situation.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree with put me on the jury.

*side note
    I have seen fox news articles often unavailable in the EU,but this story has many other links online.
    Even CBS and CNN coverage of this story the links always say "not available in your country/region." I tried multiple EU countries. All the same.

Of course,in the EU even defense of yourself is more often punished than the criminals who steal so a "cowboy" American who kills a thief is not allowed to be seen(no self defense stories are either). Narrative control.

CBS.jpg
    fox.jpg

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    There's no excuse for shooting at someone in that situation.
    Eh, as BugI mentions, if the driver fled and put the shooter in danger of great bodily harm or death with his actions, there could be a legitimate argument for self-defense.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable and doubly so when "reported" by the media, which is why I'm interested in the surveillance video.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not a lot of grey matter though. There's no excuse for shooting at someone in that situation.
    there's lots of excuse. Sadly this is not Texas where its legal. Too bad, since Mears can't keep anyone behind bars that might have been the only way to cut down crime.

I'm trying to find some sympathy for the ****sucker that died. Coming up dry.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    'Things' are bought with moments of my life.
    This item cost one hour of my life.
    This item cost one week.
    Year, whatever.

Stealing them is stealing moments of my life

OK, but do you have a gun that takes an hour, or a week from the perpetrator's life? That would be just.

Top Bottom