• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If they have that much faith in signs, why don't they just put up a NO ROBBING sign? I mean, after all, robbing is against the law! :dunno:

Tried to rep you for this!

I guess I need to spread the reps around before I rep you ?AGAIN?

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Banks are no carry zones

Carry in mine all the time. I even went into a bank that wasn't my usual to cash a check. She told me that she couldn't help me, I said ok and started to leave. She must have seen my weapon (I was OCing) and called me back. Asked for my ID and asked if I was a police officer. I said no and she said sorry. I guess if I was an officer she was going to cash it for me.

Anyway, I have never had any issues in a bank!!! :dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Does he mean by Ohio law banks are no carry zones???

Is this some variant of Kirk's First Law that you are running at us?:D

In Ohio if an establishment is posted then you may not legally carry in that establishment. If you are in Indiana with an Ohio permit then you must follow all the CCW rules your state has. Obviously this does not apply to an Indiana resident with an Indiana permit in Indiana, so the bank is SOL, all they can do is ask you to leave as another poster stated.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    In Ohio if an establishment is posted then you may not legally carry in that establishment. If you are in Indiana with an Ohio permit then you must follow all the CCW rules your state has. Obviously this does not apply to an Indiana resident with an Indiana permit in Indiana, so the bank is SOL, all they can do is ask you to leave as another poster stated.
    When in Indiana, do as the hoosiers do.

IANAL but I'm pretty sure your wrong. If I read your post correctly you are stating that when carrying in Indiana on an Ohio permit you have to follow Ohio law.

To the best of my knowledge, which I admit is sometimes lacking. When you carry in a state that honors your permit/license you are bound by the laws of the state you are visiting. So you would be able to carry in a bank in Indiana with a Ohio CCW permit.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]IC 35-47-2-21
    [/FONT][/FONT](b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign
    countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only​
    while the holders are not residents of Indiana.

Since most LEO's don't know their own state's gun laws extremely well (not a slam, just an observation), at least until they have a few years on the job (if then), they probably are not going to know the laws of the 47 other states regarding restrictions on carry there.

If a license says, "no carry in bars" or "concealed only", those might be enforced in IN. Or if a NYC resident has a "Premesis permit" & not a "Carry permit" from NY, they might get busted for carrying in IN. As far as I'm concerened, if I come across someone carrying that is not an IN resident, and they have a valid license to carry from anywhere, I don't forsee busting them for carrying w/o a license. Of course, if they are doing sopmething to attract my attention in the 1st place, I will take that into consideration, too.

If we were to honor the out of state permits under their home states rules, folks from OR, UT, PA, NH & some other states would (using this line of thought & only state laws, not federal) be able to carry into schools in IN, even though an IN resident cannot.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Now, w/ the above said: I have said it before, a license to carry 'shouldn't' be needed (Constitutionally). Unfortunately, they are. And since we have only so much discretion in how we deal with folks who have broken the law, sometimes we have to do what we have to do, not what we want to do.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The National City branch at 79th and Michigan Road has that funky door setup. To me, what makes that setup dangerous for the customer is that only one person can go through at a time, so when it's busy people could queue up outside, disarmed, making for a convenient robbery.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    If I read your post correctly you are stating that when carrying in Indiana on an Ohio permit you have to follow Ohio law.

That is indeed how it reads.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I carry in banks all the time, honestly going to banks makes me nervous it's why I pack heat.

It's especially nice when you're leaving the bank with large sums of money.

Top Bottom