• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Element Armament in Whiteland
    I've not had them do any - but it's a nice shop. Seems to be good dudes in there.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't farm it out, but I not know at all for sure.

Mercy Firearms in Franklin offers that service.
    Holy crap? A gun shop in Franklin? Finally!

There are plenty of shops in the Greenwood area for sure. But other than that (and Bargersville), I've long though that one could be successful in Franklin. And I've also long been surprised that there hasn't been one or two.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've not had them do any - but it's a nice shop. Seems to be good dudes in there.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't farm it out, but I not know at all for sure.

Holy crap? A gun shop in Franklin? Finally!

There are plenty of shops in the Greenwood area for sure. But other than that (and Bargersville), I've long though that one could be successful in Franklin. And I've also long been surprised that there hasn't been one or two.
    A couple people have tried… and zoning was not approved. One wanted to open in the middle of a residential area and re-zone a house to a commercial space. Obviously this wasn’t going to happen within a few blocks of downtown. The folks that opened Mercy had the right idea…. Use come of the vacant commercial space available. I’ll stop by there and let you know if they are worth visiting.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Was this some kind of in-joke or??

Because this guy is like 10 min away from me and I was going to stop by and see about a small custom cerakote job on an expensive firearm. It isn't a crazy cerakote job but I'd really rather not mess up this gun.
    Broseph: Be sure to follow the instructions on his website. Please do NOT just "show up". Please make an appointment ahead of time.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I always do call ahead, broseph. I'll clarify my exact intentions step by step next time just to make sure I'm doing the right things from now on though.
    @Tactically Fat was giving you some sound advice.

Your previous post said: "Because this guy is like 10 min away from me and I was going to stop by..."

He was preventing you any headaches, because people who just "show up" are asked to leave as I don't take walk ins.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    @Tactically Fat was giving you some sound advice.

Your previous post said: "Because this guy is like 10 min away from me and I was going to stop by..."

He was preventing you any headaches, because people who just "show up" are asked to leave as I don't take walk ins.
    I got that off of his post. I don't just show up to a place without calling or checking websites. I've literally seen the business listing once and didn't go to the site or call yet. I'm well aware some businesses are by appt only.

This is a really big deal apparently though over nothing.

Like I said before I'll post my exact step by step plan next time and make sure I'm toeing the line perfectly before I mention doing or going anywhere new.

Top Bottom