Indy 1500 Gun and knife show..... worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whos gonna have a better deal on glocks

• Total voters

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I know that the Indy1500 is comming up in a couple weeks. I was thinking about going and picking up a new glock for carry. My question is am i going to find that much of a better deal on a new glock than going to a gun shop?

Thanks in advance

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You can occasionally find a good deal there, and the prices aren't usually higher than at the shops, so if nothing else it makes it easy to shop around since they're all in one place. It's not like it used to be though. I'd say it's still worth going.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    You can occasionally find a good deal there, and the prices aren't usually higher than at the shops, so if nothing else it makes it easy to shop around since they're all in one place. It's not like it used to be though. I'd say it's still worth going.

:+1: Yep..... Oh and make sure your Glock says "XD" on it!!! :lmfao::thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I say go to the show but try to support your local gun shop if at all possible. I live in anderson and have watched 3 gun shops close in the last 5 years. Only one left now. Ammo, accesories, and whole lot of window shoping for me at the show. I am conflicted on this because I like gun shows and would hate to see them get any worse. Oh yea forget the glock and check out the SW MP or Springfeild XDM real nice.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It all depends. Most of the shops around here set up at the 1500 too. They carry their pricing with them. If you have a shop that has a Glock that is in your price range, and they go to the 1500, it might be worth picking it up at the show from your dealer. That way you can shop around and maybe find something else that you 'need' while you are there. I know I 'need' some of those sweet sweet candied almonds.....mmmmm......

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    How are ammo prices at the indy 1500 show?

I used to go to the St Joseph County gun show in the 90's and I could always find low priced ammo there. Same with parts for my M1 Carbine I rebuilt. Seemed prices were really good at some booths and I had my FFL at that time and could buy wholesale from dealers. The local gun shops all had booths there and offered some decent pricing below what they tagged them at their stores.

It was pretty good size, about the sq footage of three school gyms put together. This will be my first gun show in Indy and hopefully will find some goodies I have been looking for like a flip peep rear sight for my carbine. Is InGun having a booth there?

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    You can't go wrong with the XD.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

what do the XD's run I am looking in the 500-650 range for new. and i am not sure if that will be enough for a glock. I live in Anderson and the only store i am aware of i was told to stay away from.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    what do the XD's run I am looking in the 500-650 range for new. and i am not sure if that will be enough for a glock. I live in Anderson and the only store i am aware of i was told to stay away from.

You can easily find just about any XD for that price range.

Oh, and there are lots of stores within driving distance of Anderson. Just don't go to Don's. :thumbsup:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I used to go to the St Joseph County gun show in the 90's and I could always find low priced ammo there. Same with parts for my M1 Carbine I rebuilt. Seemed prices were really good at some booths and I had my FFL at that time and could buy wholesale from dealers. The local gun shops all had booths there and offered some decent pricing below what they tagged them at their stores.

It was pretty good size, about the sq footage of three school gyms put together. This will be my first gun show in Indy and hopefully will find some goodies I have been looking for like a flip peep rear sight for my carbine. Is InGun having a booth there?

There was a table at the last one that had a really awesome price on 9mm reloads (but we got so excited over my new Raven holster for the 250 that we forgot to pick up a few cans). They had other ammo, too, but I'm too much of a noob to know what's good and what's not.

No, we're not having an INGO booth at this one. Look for your friendly blue hats walking around, though. :) I'm sure you'll see more than one. :)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

I live in Anderson and have had excellent service from Crackshot. Just bought my son his first rifle last week. Rossi matched pair .22 and 410. Also bought a SW MP40c couple of weks ago. As a matter of fact I put the MP40c on layway a couple of months ago and when I went to pick it up somebody had sold my pistol by mistake, when the owner found out he tracked it down and I got it a couple of hours later with free box of ammo and 10 percent discount. Mistakes happen but what really matters is how they are fixed. I doubt Crackshot will be at the gun show but you really should go in and see what they got. If they are busy just speak out and they will help. Owners on vaction this week but one of the guys working their is an amorer for APD and real knowledgeable (just dont ask to have a M9 accurized..lol).

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I bought my Glock 19 from the 1500. They were going for $499 locally, but I picked it up for $510 with the factory Glock light. I couldn't beat it because I've seen the light sell for $80 elsewhere.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central

I agree with Scutter. The selection is all in one place. Probably not any "DEALS",, per say. I intend to look for a PCR 9MM this time.:cheers:

Top Bottom