• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    According to everything I've seen/heard we are a go for the 1500. This show is in the Expo Hall (along 38th Street, on the west side of the fairgrounds), smaller venue but is has something the other buildings don't, air conditioning. Keep in mind the last couple shows were in the West Pavilion (the BIG room), it has no A/C and was the cattle barn during the State Fair.

If everything goes according to plan I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA Booth Friday, and possibly Saturday.

As always I'll give directions based on specific landmarks: the big bomb sign of Revolver-Tactical (AKA Brad's Knives), HKIndiana's "Military Dog-Tags" sign (hey, I got a pair of dog tags that say I'm Lynyrd Skynyrd Baptist from there), the guy with a bazillion targets, the vendor with cheap ammo (JUST KIDDING!!), the guy who literally wrote the book on handgun carry throughout the US, you get the picture.

What will we see? Kill a commie for Mommie t-shirt guy hanging out with Kalashnikov t-shirt guy? Spam-Can Mom? Soviet era uniform and wearing a gas mask guy (there are actually two of them)?? The extras from The Walking Dead? The cast of The Hills have Eyes? Lanyard-carry 1911 guy?

Stop by the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA Booth and say hi and I'll bump the thread with your visit. If you see me writing down your username it's because I'll forget otherwise.

"Back in the day" when INGO had a booth and Churchmouse and I worked Fridays I always posted about keeping my head on a swivel for former members of INGO who CM had made former members (plenty of Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, and Rick Danko references, some of you will be going to Duck Duck Go now... I'll wait... pretty good play on words, huh?) DD 214 guy comes to mind. I've been a Mod for a while, I haven't banned anyone. I have given out a metric ****-ton of warnings so I figure I'll get one or two stopping by.

More to follow...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Holy Carp! I have to be in Indy Friday for work and am staying over. Awful nice of work to pay me mileage to go the the show.
    To quote Jeff Spicoli, AWESOME!! Totally AWESOME!!

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Sweet! I'll finally be able to do some of the hand forge knife shopping I've been wanting to do this year.. Hopefully I can find what all ladies like! A hand forge Bowie knife lol...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sweet! I'll finally be able to do some of the hand forge knife shopping I've been wanting to do this year.. Hopefully I can find what all ladies like! A hand forge Bowie knife lol...
    I am hoping I'll be there as planned, if I am stop by and holler Bollorollo!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Right now it looks like I’ll be hit and miss at the fairgrounds due to other commitments. I’ll be out there some, possibly Friday and Saturday. More to follow.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was almost gonna be there selling raffle tickets for my 9/11 VFW raffle guns. There was a show in Terre haute this weekend as well. Thing is, Danny (from Central Indiana Gunshows) always donates a table to the VFW. Indy 1500 wouldn't. Plus my boy works for Vigo Co Sheriff Dept there so I can crash on his couch, and not have to get a hotel... That, and we were just at Indy for a show at Stout Field not long ago made my decision for me.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone that goes Friday please post a report. I am wavering now about going. Even though I will be in Indy already, there is nothing I need, I know prices will be stupid, and why blow $20 on parking and entry to walk through the craziness.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anyone that goes Friday please post a report. I am wavering now about going. Even though I will be in Indy already, there is nothing I need, I know prices will be stupid, and why blow $20 on parking and entry to walk through the craziness.
    You can save on parking (like I do) by parking in the neighborhood just south of 38th St. directly across from the entrance if you're feelin' froggy, and won't be there after dark. ;)

Top Bottom