• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm hit and miss at best tomorrow and Saturday. As much as I like working the 1500 (not really work for me...) other things in my life take priority. Should be there 1400-1600 tomorrow, not sure yet on Saturday.

One good thing about being a volunteer, not a set schedule.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Definitely hit and miss today. Hopefully be there 1400-1600 today (2pm-4pm for those who like the 12 hour clock.) I'll be there in the morning to help set up, if there is a line forming that early I'll bump accordingly.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok, in the Expo Hall, got A/C!

Most tables are covered/being set up right now. I spotted 9 mm range ammo ranging from $25-$29 for 50. Gen2 PMags, the ones that I saw, priced at $12, they had a 10 for 100 sign up.

I spotted small pistol primers $200 for 1000, large pistol primers for $150.

Entry will be on the west side of the pavilion, NRA table is directly left when you come in. I see HK Indiana‘s custom made dog tags sign at about 1 o’clock when you walk in the door. The big bomb sign from Revolver Tactical will be 11 o’clock when you walk in the door. It’s towards the back of the pavilion.

More to follow…

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Line wrapped around the building at 2:40 (40 minutes after opening).

I didn’t budget a lot of time for this, so I hope I can get in the door before I have to leave. ☹️

F7D53D03-4F57-4ACD-B19B-0A6531FE2AB7.jpeg

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Yeah. My report is that almost every single vendor is smoking crack.

Charging prices substantially more for most things than the gougers on Gunbroker.

Plus $23 to get in and park with coupon.

Not remotely worth it.
    I agree.
    Picked up 4 "Fat 50" ammo cans and a couple of extra AR slings and got the hell outta Dodge.
    Ammo prices were as high as I remember seeing.............ridiculous!
    Gun prices not that great either from what I saw.
    Went by NRA booth and just missed Kelly according to the nice fellas watching the store.
    First show I've made in several years, and If I didnt need ammo cans, I wouldn't have went this time.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah. My report is that almost every single vendor is smoking crack.

Charging prices substantially more for most things than the gougers on Gunbroker.

Plus $23 to get in and park with coupon.

Not remotely worth it.
    Don't these vendors monitor online prices at all to try to be even remotely competitive (not talking about Gunbroker etc.)?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Don't these vendors monitor online prices at all to try to be even remotely competitive (not talking about Gunbroker etc.)?
    You would think.

I saw Chinese SKSs for $800. Coharie Arms MP5k for $2400. Pretty much every AK variant imported by Century (crooked sights and all) for $1k+. Keltec KS7 for $800. It was nuts.

I was mainly looking for old military rifles and pistols, particularly late 19th century, but all that was thin on the ground. Though I did find the vendor who always has the old rifles and pistols that’s been in the same spot for decades it seems. I chatted with him got a bit and he did have a Nepalese Brunswick rifle for a pretty price that I almost picked up, but I’m trying to save my budge for a Martini.

Anyway, near his table (midway back on the far right) there was a table of reloading supplies. Primers were $150+ per 1k, but the prices were decent on brass. So I picked up another 500 .45 acp cases.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I agree.
    Picked up 4 "Fat 50" ammo cans and a couple of extra AR slings and got the hell outta Dodge.
    Ammo prices were as high as I remember seeing.............ridiculous!
    Gun prices not that great either from what I saw.
    Went by NRA booth and just missed Kelly according to the nice fellas watching the store.
    First show I've made in several years, and If I didnt need ammo cans, I wouldn't have went this time.
    Aw man! Sorry I missed you. I had to get back to my side of Raceway Road due to other commitments (family is one of the few things that comes before 2A related activities for me.) I'll be there (hopefully) Noon-1600 tomorrow.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the Indy 1500. Good crowd, conditioned air. Here til1600, heard FMJ stopped by.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Saturday must be Goth Day here at the 1500. Just saying…

I’m seeing a lot of Spam Can Moms. Kato Kailin sighting.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’ve seen a dude carrying a Lee-Enfield, barrel down, one hand, gripping the butt-end of the stock. That is not how you carry a rifle. He must have a grip like a vice.

Top Bottom