• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one sneaked (snuck? snooked?) up on me. The one in January they changed the pavilion on us (we were in the South Pavilion opposed to the West Pavilion) so this time there is no mention of which pavilion. It'll be a surprise and there will be signs.

I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth on Friday for certain, other days TBD.

I'll post locations based on landmarks like the big bomb sign of Revolver Tactical (AKA Bradsknives), the Custom Dog Tags sign (HKIndiana), the place that sells overpriced bottled water (AKA the concession stand), the guy with a bazzillion targets, US gas masks, commie gas masks, and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

HOPEFULLY I'll be fielding questions about how SB 209 (AKA Constitutional Carry of Handgun in Indiana) progressed through all the hurdles and got voted on.

(There are no, repeat NO, INGO Indy 1500 Bingo Cards. I'm making it up because it's funny. INGO BINGO, it rhymes... all the time!)

Play INGO/Indy 1500 Bingo! Cover your square when you spot:

SPAM Can Mom, The Man from Glad, the cast of The Hills have Eyes, extras from The Walking Dead, at least three different calibers of ammo laying on the "unloaded" firearms check-in table, Kill a Commie for Mommie t-shirt guy, someone wearing a FJB shirt, someone wearing a Lets Go Brandon shirt, US gas masks (M17), US gas mask (M40 or MCU2P), commie gas mask, any gas mask under $25 (would you trust it with your life?), the promoter announces over the intercom that someone needs to move their truck, uniformed Police Officer other than IMPD, .30-40 Krag ammo (there's more than you think), the book on handgun law in all 50 States, a straw purchase, and a private seller with slung long gun/dowel rod down the barrel with attached sign describing the item for sale with large enough writing you can read it from the next aisle over.

Did I mention there is NO SUCH THING as INGO/BINGO?

If you are there stop by and give me a holler, I'll bump the thread that you stopped by.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It us in the South pavilion again, just like the last one
    They changed out the air handlers in there with ceiling-mounted models. It is SO much quieter than it was before. When the old unit would be cranked up? Put it this way, of the people working the NRA booth, I probably have the best hearing. That ain't good!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just saw they are closing down part of 38th st for the boondoggle called "purple line". Might want to find out about that for driving.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just saw they are closing down part of 38th st for the boondoggle called "purple line". Might want to find out about that for driving.
    When I was there for the DTWE there were signs up that construction was coming soon. Ugh.

When I get there in the AM I'll really the cone-zone info.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Wow, HALF of the parking lot is torn up and fenced off. If there is any kind of crowd, parking is going to be crazy - be sure to wear your hiking shoes

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This one sneaked (snuck? snooked?) up on me. The one in January they changed the pavilion on us (we were in the South Pavilion opposed to the West Pavilion) so this time there is no mention of which pavilion. It'll be a surprise and there will be signs.

I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth on Friday for certain, other days TBD.

I'll post locations based on landmarks like the big bomb sign of Revolver Tactical (AKA Bradsknives), the Custom Dog Tags sign (HKIndiana), the place that sells overpriced bottled water (AKA the concession stand), the guy with a bazzillion targets, US gas masks, commie gas masks, and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

HOPEFULLY I'll be fielding questions about how SB 209 (AKA Constitutional Carry of Handgun in Indiana) progressed through all the hurdles and got voted on.

(There are no, repeat NO, INGO Indy 1500 Bingo Cards. I'm making it up because it's funny. INGO BINGO, it rhymes... all the time!)

Play INGO/Indy 1500 Bingo! Cover your square when you spot:

SPAM Can Mom, The Man from Glad, the cast of The Hills have Eyes, extras from The Walking Dead, at least three different calibers of ammo laying on the "unloaded" firearms check-in table, Kill a Commie for Mommie t-shirt guy, someone wearing a FJB shirt, someone wearing a Lets Go Brandon shirt, US gas masks (M17), US gas mask (M40 or MCU2P), commie gas mask, any gas mask under $25 (would you trust it with your life?), the promoter announces over the intercom that someone needs to move their truck, uniformed Police Officer other than IMPD, .30-40 Krag ammo (there's more than you think), the book on handgun law in all 50 States, a straw purchase, and a private seller with slung long gun/dowel rod down the barrel with attached sign describing the item for sale with large enough writing you can read it from the next aisle over.

Did I mention there is NO SUCH THING as INGO/BINGO?

If you are there stop by and give me a holler, I'll bump the thread that you stopped by.
    Today is it! I'll be a little later than usual since I have to take Dad to an appointment this AM (not really anything applicable to the thread, but that's never stopped me before.)

A lot happened at the Statehouse since the OP, I'm looking forward to talking about Constitutional Carry HERE IN THE GREAT STATE OF INDIANA!!

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Anyone have a clue a short 9mm AR barrel and handguard can be found at the show?
    It's been a couple of years since I last went, so I don't know what's been available lately
    Thanks

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anyone have a clue a short 9mm AR barrel and handguard can be found at the show?
    It's been a couple of years since I last went, so I don't know what's been available lately
    Thanks
    Tony’s Customs is usually there. In the other pavilion they are across from the NRA Booth. They have a metric **** ton of uppers. I’d be shocked if 9mm wasn’t an offering.

I should have time to roam around before the show starts. Who am I kidding, I’ll make the time for that! I’m in search of bull pup shotguns for a bud so I’ll keep an eye out for 9mm uppers too.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE at the Indy 1500. Again this is in the south pavilion which is a long 38th St. towards the west side of the fairgrounds. Coming east on 38th St., the right lane is tore up with construction but it’s not too bad. The NRA booth is located near the exit on the far east side, south east side of the building. The big custom dog tag sign from HK Indiana is the first thing you see when you get past the police at the check-in tables. Straight down the aisle after you go by the way by knife sign you will see the giant bomb of revolver tactical a.k.a. bradsknives.

Tony’s customs is down the aisle from the big bomb sign, they were busy or I would’ve asked about 9 mm uppers.

The guy with a bazillion targets is on the south side of the building, near the southeast corner. I haven’t spotted the US or commie gas mask yet.

Senator Sandlin stopped by for a minute, I think him for his support on constitutional carry.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The first person to bump the thread and say I’ll take it gets…

A One day VIP pass, admit one, any of the three days here at the 1500

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How long is the line outside?
    I’m trying to find the end of the line now. On the east side of the building from the entrance it goes to the southside then hooks back to the west. Are you just curious about the line or were you wanting to pass?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am estimating the line which is wrapped around the south side of the building goes about 150 yards.

Top Bottom