• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’m helping at the 500 Guns table. It was packed today and we did fairly well. Haven’t found anything interesting for myself yet. Did buy two Tigerstripe Booney hats and 2 CZ P09 magazines. Looking at a P09 and will probably bring it and a PCR home if I do well tomorrow.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m helping at the 500 Guns table. It was packed today and we did fairly well. Haven’t found anything interesting for myself yet. Did buy two Tigerstripe Booney hats and 2 CZ P09 magazines. Looking at a P09 and will probably bring it and a PCR home if I do well tomorrow.
    You there tomorrow?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Went today with my dad. Price to get in has gone WAY up since I last went to a 1500. Cost me $35 just to park and get in with my two boys. Good thing we have a tradition of packing a big sandwich and eating that instead of spending more money on food. Saw some good prices on gen 2 pmags ($9 a piece) and a few decent prices on ammo. Didn’t buy anything though, the kids can’t handle walking the show for long. They were bummed we couldn’t find the kid they have bought Lego guns from in the past.
    Also saw a dude 3D printing a Glock frame with silky pla and selling files that can be found for free online. That completely rubbed me the wrong way.
    There were a ton of crappy uppers for cheap so I didn’t even try to sell my Smith and Wesson upper with Daniel Defense rail, figured no one would want to pay what I wanted when they could get one that was “jist as gud” from a table.
    Overall, a day at a gun show with my kids and my dad is better than a day at work, but I’ll probably be passing on the 1500 for awhile. For what I paid in gas and entry, I can cover shipping and get the same or better prices online.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE at the 1500. Pretty quiet so far, I think not everybody sprung forward like they should’ve.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kirk Freeman stopped by here at the booth for a little while.

I saw a lady I know from work leaving with a new handgun

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got to meet Colt556 this morning. We’re almost neighbors!

Got to meet @bcskypilot and sons a minute ago. Always good to put a face with a screen name.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    Same as Friday and Saturday I'm pretty sure. Not sure what it's up to now though. I thought I heard 10 bucks for parking and 15
    This one sneaked (snuck? snooked?) up on me. The one in January they changed the pavilion on us (we were in the South Pavilion opposed to the West Pavilion) so this time there is no mention of which pavilion. It'll be a surprise and there will be signs.

I'll be at the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth on Friday for certain, other days TBD.

I'll post locations based on landmarks like the big bomb sign of Revolver Tactical (AKA Bradsknives), the Custom Dog Tags sign (HKIndiana), the place that sells overpriced bottled water (AKA the concession stand), the guy with a bazzillion targets, US gas masks, commie gas masks, and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

HOPEFULLY I'll be fielding questions about how SB 209 (AKA Constitutional Carry of Handgun in Indiana) progressed through all the hurdles and got voted on.

(There are no, repeat NO, INGO Indy 1500 Bingo Cards. I'm making it up because it's funny. INGO BINGO, it rhymes... all the time!)

Play INGO/Indy 1500 Bingo! Cover your square when you spot:

SPAM Can Mom, The Man from Glad, the cast of The Hills have Eyes, extras from The Walking Dead, at least three different calibers of ammo laying on the "unloaded" firearms check-in table, Kill a Commie for Mommie t-shirt guy, someone wearing a FJB shirt, someone wearing a Lets Go Brandon shirt, US gas masks (M17), US gas mask (M40 or MCU2P), commie gas mask, any gas mask under $25 (would you trust it with your life?), the promoter announces over the intercom that someone needs to move their truck, uniformed Police Officer other than IMPD, .30-40 Krag ammo (there's more than you think), the book on handgun law in all 50 States, a straw purchase, and a private seller with slung long gun/dowel rod down the barrel with attached sign describing the item for sale with large enough writing you can read it from the next aisle over.

Did I mention there is NO SUCH THING as INGO/BINGO?

If you are there stop by and give me a holler, I'll bump the thread that you stopped by.
    Made it down yesterday with my dad. Spent about 4 hours searching for treasures. Decent show. I'll echo the obligatory complaint of $35 to get inside between parking and entrance fee....(Why I'm not going back today). Particularly when they parked us in the far north west lot. Tried to get a parking attendant to let me drive in closer to the south pavilion to drop dad off (he's genuinely old and walking long distances is a real hurdle). So the attendant yelled at me and likely didn't hear my request in full. I figured It best to smile nod and go park far away. Was a huge crowd inside, a decent selection of current production guns, smaller selection of nice used guns. Would be nice to see more tables of guns rather than the flea market stuff but i get it, variety for the masses.

Any idea who I could talk to ahead of the next show to arrange getting the old guy delivered to the door? I have no issue parking where advised aside from that. I've a few questions I'd like to pose to someone involved in running the show if someone was willing to discuss, off forum is fine. Not a gripe session, just some questions/concerns.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Senator and Mrs Tomes stopped by. I definitely thanked him for his support on house bill 1296.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Charlie “Peace Out" Hilltunin Stopped by

Last edited:
    Top Bottom