• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's sad situation, as a youngster touring Indianapolis I was able to shake Izler Solomon's hand on a visit to Clowes Hall. As a farm kid I had no idea who he was or even understood what a symphony conductor was. It was part of a music memory contest in the 60s.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It has nothing to do with protecting the patrons. They care nothing of the patrons other than they are money supply for their highbrow entertainment and “philanthropy.” The detectors are there to protect THEM, the snooty elite, from the unwashed masses who might be lucky enough to save a little money to buy a ticket to a fancy-schmancy show. They can’t have a peanut gallery anymore so everyone goes through security - except for the power players.
    I wonder how many of those same "snooty elites" themselves have grandkids who can't function normally without antidepressants.

Scott Adams nailed it when he said, "Republicans are afraid of Democrats taking their guns; Democrats are afraid of getting shot by other Democrats."

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I wonder how many of those same "snooty elites" themselves have grandkids who can't function normally without antidepressants.

Scott Adams nailed it when he said, "Republicans are afraid of Democrats taking their guns; Democrats are afraid of getting shot by other Democrats."
    Bazinga

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Very worrisome they are force disarming their patrons. What are they doing to protect them, since they've taken away their ability to protect themselves? Unarmed "mall cops" aren't going to cut it... At the very least, they need many off-duty armed LEO doing security if they go this route.
    Ideally IN legislature could make legal duty to ensure guests safety. If something happens they are liabale. Either up the security for real, or cut the theater.... Oh wait. Ironys a bitch

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Ideally IN legislature could make legal duty to ensure guests safety. If something happens they are liabale. Either up the security for real, or cut the theater.... Oh wait. Ironys a bitch

That would be nice. If you disarm your customers, you are liable for their safety. Similar laws have been proposed in Tennessee, Texas, Michigan, Florida, and other states.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Now that I think about it would it be crazy if I called them and asked? Just phrase it a certain way to make them feel at ease... I don't know what that would be though...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Now that I think about it would it be crazy if I called them and asked? Just phrase it a certain way to make them feel at ease... I don't know what that would be though...
    It would be more fun just to show up and try. All they can do is ask you to leave. Nothing illegal about carrying there.

Only problem is that you would have to actually have a ticket to try it.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I wonder if a mild rouse would help I.E. "Hello good sir. I work with XYZ corp and we are a locally owned business that tests airport and Court security and we have some interest in your current machine and its capabilities. We have heard from some clients that certain factors can inhibit its effectiveness but factors that can be controlled for."

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    It would be more fun just to show up and try. All they can do is ask you to leave. Nothing illegal about carrying there.

Only problem is that you would have to actually have a ticket to try it.
    Fun fact, they check vac card first, then security, then scan ticket. You could test it without a ticket - just saying you forgot it in your car.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Also - here is a technical talk on their sensors. It looks like its a combination of camera (EO/electro-optical), MMW (millimeter-wave/ (airport-style scanners), and HF (high frequency/metallic detection).

They look for materials and geometry to make a classification.

The good stuff starts after 31 minutes, with great Q&A at 38 min

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    You need a gun just to get to and from the symphony.
    True. Sadly true. If a venue wants to assume my safety with LEOs, Blarts, etc. while at the venue, maybe they should provide a gun check. Similar to coat check, valuables safes or even roller skates. Check weapon at door when entering, security does their thing during venue (while assuming liability for my safety), retrieve gun when exiting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I watched the vid after posting. Geez. They show law abiding peeps going about typical daily events normally. Why no do-badders attempting to do bad? Who should we be afraid of? Funniest part was the roller coaster riders waving their hands in the air. Um, uh, I don't know about anybody else, but I sure as hell worry about getting shot while riding on a roller coaster.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I have a simple solution for nonsense like this. Places like this do not get my money. I'll be boring or isolated etc the rest of my life if that's what it takes. Matters not to me. I have become wary of going places with large crowds anyway. I'll take an outside activity or go play some of my own music.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a simple solution for nonsense like this. Places like this do not get my money. I'll be boring or isolated etc the rest of my life if that's what it takes. Matters not to me. I have become wary of going places with large crowds anyway. I'll take an outside activity or go play some of my own music.
    Yep. Youtube is full of their music. They dont have a corner on the market. And in some cases, the view is better while hearing awesome classics. (her skills are amazing)

Top Bottom