Howard County
    April 15th & 16th
    National Guard Armory
    3912 West Minnesota St.

Saturday 9-5
    Sunday 9-3
    Admission $6
    FREE Parking

Yes, this is the same weekend as the NRA convention in Indianapolis. It wasn't planned that way, it just happened to fall on the same weekend.

Future shows:
    June 17th and 18th
    August 26th and 27th
    October 14th and 15th
    November 25th and 26th
    December 30th and 31st

Promoted by
    Central Indiana Gun Shows

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My Scale Model club has our annual show and contest on that Saturday in Lebanon but maybe I’ll make it Sunday. I need a few small odds n ends. I like Stout Field.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Crowd might be a little sparse with the NRA convention in town. Probably should have selected a different weekend.
    I actually expect a larger crowd at the gun show (if that's possible, it's always packed). The NRA convention is a 3 day event, locals should have plenty of time to go to both. There are also people like me who would never consider going to the NRA convention, but that's a topic for a different thread.

dagny99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2023
    Indianapolis
    April 15th & 16th
    National Guard Armory
    3912 West Minnesota St.

Saturday 9-5
    Sunday 9-3
    Admission $6
    FREE Parking

Yes, this is the same weekend as the NRA convention in Indianapolis. It wasn't planned that way, it just happened to fall on the same weekend.

Future shows:
    June 17th and 18th
    August 26th and 27th
    October 14th and 15th
    November 25th and 26th
    December 30th and 31st

Promoted by
    Central Indiana Gun Shows
    Thank you so much! I’m marking my calendar

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I took the wife to the show today, same two rooms, but boy how times have changed.
    I had not been to the show in a long time. OK, last time I was there, you came in the door and parked on the other side of the building!
    Anyway, my first impression was it want what it used to be, that said it took us less than an hour to slowly cruise the aisles, excuse ourselves to “Bubba” and “Flubba” or anyone in a scooter, so we could get around, and actually didn’t find anyone selling any of the things we went in for.
    I was looking for paper targets, none, Glock OEM parts, like a couple extended slide stops, none.
    Back in the day three or four guys would be in the building with Glock stuff.
    I saw decent prices on Glock Police well worn trade ins, and a lot of decent AR platform prices.
    Ammo prices, fogggeeddaboutit.
    I did buy a VISM 32 in shotgun case, for Father’s Day, and my wife had to get a REBEX 10 in Chefs knife.
    All in all, the show gave us something to do and look at.
    Nice day, everyone was very friendly.

aconcealedlife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2023
    USA
    I took the wife to the show today, same two rooms, but boy how times have changed.
    I had not been to the show in a long time. OK, last time I was there, you came in the door and parked on the other side of the building!
    Anyway, my first impression was it want what it used to be, that said it took us less than an hour to slowly cruise the aisles, excuse ourselves to “Bubba” and “Flubba” or anyone in a scooter, so we could get around, and actually didn’t find anyone selling any of the things we went in for.
    I was looking for paper targets, none, Glock OEM parts, like a couple extended slide stops, none.
    Back in the day three or four guys would be in the building with Glock stuff.
    I saw decent prices on Glock Police well worn trade ins, and a lot of decent AR platform prices.
    Ammo prices, fogggeeddaboutit.
    I did buy a VISM 32 in shotgun case, for Father’s Day, and my wife had to get a REBEX 10 in Chefs knife.
    All in all, the show gave us something to do and look at.
    Nice day, everyone was very friendly.
    Those ammo prices were insulting I don’t know how any of them seriously thought those were deals.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I keep hearing ammo prices mentioned, but no specifics on which prices are being referred to. There were several different dealers selling ammo at the show. Most of them did have ridiculously high prices but I don't think all of the prices were that high if you actually shop around. Some people tend to see one dealer with high prices and then infer that all of the prices at the show are pretty much the same (they never are). I saw 1 box of .22 WRF for $35 on a table, and I saw another identical box for $14.02 on a different table.

$30.85 for 500 rounds of .22LR
    $45.80 for 100 round of brass cased .45 ACP
    $21.50 for 20 rounds of .30-30
    $26.17 for 50 rounds of brass cased, hollow point 10mm
    $546.73 for 1,200 rounds of brass cased, 62 gr. .223, or $46.73 for 100 rounds
    $14.02 for 50 rounds of CCI hollow point .22 Magnum

Are these prices really that far out of line? Maybe they are and I'm just not up with the current market as well as I think I am.
    These prices were all available at the show.

The last time I went to Rural King (in Kokomo), their prices have been going up and the selection was terrible. The ammo market is strange right now.

aconcealedlife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2023
    USA
    I keep hearing ammo prices mentioned, but no specifics on which prices are being referred to. There were several different dealers selling ammo at the show. Most of them did have ridiculously high prices but I don't think all of the prices were that high if you actually shop around. Some people tend to see one dealer with high prices and then infer that all of the prices at the show are pretty much the same (they never are). I saw 1 box of .22 WRF for $35 on a table, and I saw another identical box for $14.02 on a different table.

$30.85 for 500 rounds of .22LR
    $45.80 for 100 round of brass cased .45 ACP
    $21.50 for 20 rounds of .30-30
    $26.17 for 50 rounds of brass cased, hollow point 10mm
    $546.73 for 1,200 rounds of brass cased, 62 gr. .223, or $46.73 for 100 rounds
    $14.02 for 50 rounds of CCI hollow point .22 Magnum

Are these prices really that far out of line? Maybe they are and I'm just not up with the current market as well as I think I am.
    These prices were all available at the show.

The last time I went to Rural King (in Kokomo), their prices have been going up and the selection was terrible. The ammo market is strange right now.
    I was looking for 9mm. Many booths were selling for 30¢+ per round. We were able to drive down to AE ammo, right after, and get 9mm for $12.49 for 50 rounds. I didn’t see any booth with 9 for that price. I am able to buy online consistently for 25¢/round. Rural King I can get under 30¢ for sure. I can even get similar prices at Range USA.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Those ammo prices were insulting I don’t know how any of them seriously thought those were deals.
    To me, It seems there are two reasons Ammo prices are still high at gun shows. 1 a lot of the dealers (smaller ones anyway) bought ammo when it was sky high (when everyone was loosing their s$&t) so they can’t come down because they couldn’t off load it before it started dropping as anyone can get it on line for WAY less and everywhere now.

2 sort of related to above but those cantankerous old “I know what I got Sonny” types!

It’s some firearms too at that same show several years ago a dealer was on narcotics for the prices he wanted. He had a plain 4” FN FNS 9 listed for almost 800 bills.

Saw another dealer recently with a new Classic S&W 586 for $1,600 and a Used Colt Competition 1911 in 9mm for $1,300. All his stuff was like that. I think he’s been packing it around to about every show

aconcealedlife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2023
    USA
    To me, It seems there are two reasons Ammo prices are still high at gun shows. 1 a lot of the dealers (smaller ones anyway) bought ammo when it was sky high (when everyone was loosing their s$&t) so they can’t come down because they couldn’t off load it before it started dropping as anyone can get it on line for WAY less and everywhere now.

2 sort of related to above but those cantankerous old “I know what I got Sonny” types!

It’s some firearms too at that same show several years ago a dealer was on narcotics for the prices he wanted. He had a plain 4” FN FNS 9 listed for almost 800 bills.

Saw another dealer recently with a new Classic S&W 586 for $1,600 and a Used Colt Competition 1911 in 9mm for $1,300. All his stuff was like that. I think he’s been packing it around to about every show
    Oh yeah the firearms prices were laughable, too. I saw the base level Sig P365 for $749.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I was looking for 9mm. Many booths were selling for 30¢+ per round. We were able to drive down to AE ammo, right after, and get 9mm for $12.49 for 50 rounds. I didn’t see any booth with 9 for that price. I am able to buy online consistently for 25¢/round. Rural King I can get under 30¢ for sure. I can even get similar prices at Range USA.
    The cheapest 9mm that I saw at the show was $13.09 for 50, so you are correct, AE ammo would be cheaper on that particular caliber. I don't think $13.09 is "insulting" though.

Top Bottom