• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've tried to explain to my less prepared friends why I keep my tank over half but none of them will listen or take my advice. They all just say "well I'll just go to the gas station" or "I never have emergencies happen where I would need to drive somewhere" or "I'm not going to get stranded anywhere". Yet when I ask them if they can drive for something we are going to they then say "oh sorry dude I'm almost out of gas".

Some of them will argue "well I can't afford to keep my tank full". But it's same cost to keep it between half and full as it is to keep it between empty and half! :n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've tried to explain to my less prepared friends why I keep my tank over half but none of them will listen or take my advice. They all just say "well I'll just go to the gas station" or "I never have emergencies happen where I would need to drive somewhere" or "I'm not going to get stranded anywhere". Yet when I ask them if they can drive for something we are going to they then say "oh sorry dude I'm almost out of gas".

Some of them will argue "well I can't afford to keep my tank full". But it's same cost to keep it between half and full as it is to keep it between empty and half! :n00b:

If they had gas they would have to drive.....:)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Inspired by this conversation, rhino scored 26.052 gallons of regular unleaded for $2.299 per gallon (including the Kroger discount). That's not good, but it's a big relief from what we've paid most of the time since it climbed in late 2008/early 2009.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Inspired by this conversation, rhino scored 26.052 gallons of regular unleaded for $2.299 per gallon (including the Kroger discount). That's not good, but it's a big relief from what we've paid most of the time since it climbed in late 2008/early 2009.

That is good from what I have seen.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I used to work as a security guard at the Marathon Gas station on 29th & MLK just off of I-65 near Indy. I saw the scenarios people have been describing in this thread several times a night. It was easy to see who was from "out of town" or who "didn't belong." People would loiter out front of that gas station at all hours of the night and walk up to cars to bum a smoke or ask for change. By far, the best advice you should take from this thread is BE VOCAL. Do not cower. Do not ignore them. Look them straight in the eye and let them know you're watching. Do not let them get close. Do not let them tell their "story." Let them know you're watching, shut them down immediately when they approach you. Stay vigilant.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Putting gas in my car today at a very busy and large station, I noticed that most people put their keys in their pocket, I like to keep my keys in my hand and stand behind my car instead of next to it, I feel that being between your open door and the fuel line gives me no means to get away if that's the best way to diffuse the situation

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A couple thoughts:

1. I agree with those suggesting that OC would likely have deterred the petty criminal. Food for thought (for myself) when the situation calls for it.

2. Natalie Jackson would say this (FTA) is racist:

The victim described the suspect as a black male in his late teens, with a slim build, scraggly facial hair and wearing a black hoody with a pattern on the back.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I think if I were in that situation, I would look at the guy and his gun and ask him what he is carrying. Obviously the POS punk would not know and just say something like 9mm. I would then pull out my 1911 and point it at him with the laser beam shining centrer mass and tell him that this is a real gun and you picked the wrong guy to screw with. Hopefully he will be smart and run away before the stinky stuff rolls all the wan down his pant leg and stinks up the place. This is just a story about an unarmed sheep that got robbed. As awful as that sounds, he should have been armed and aware of his surroundings.

10847773_10101905094322688_7915108304625838554_n.jpg

Top Bottom